Signing(s): Jimmy Garoppolo signs with the Raiders (3 years, $67.5 million)

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
In theory yes. In reality we are going to waste those picks again and again. :(
Have to give this group their opportunity.

Not much to report from last draft without a 1st or 2nd.

3rd- Parham, RG. Adequate. Nothing great.
4th - White RB. see if he gets more carries with Jacobs
5th - Farrell DT - hardly played
6th - Butler DT - hardly played
7th - Munford OT - played some. Looked ok for a guy drafted where he went
7th - Brittan RB - I didn't notice him really. Think he was mostly on the PS

LV needs help at all 3 levels on Defence. Crosby needs someone to help generate pressure. Need corners, and linebackers.

They have 11 picks. 3 in Rd 5 and 2 each in Rds 6 and 7.

Personally, if that 4th QB is on the board and it's AR, I'd look to trade back just a bit depending on who is looking to move up.

UFO

Mar 14, 2022
Switzerland
Have to give this group their opportunity.

Not much to report from last draft without a 1st or 2nd.

3rd- Parham, RG. Adequate. Nothing great.
4th - White RB. see if he gets more carries with Jacobs
5th - Farrell DT - hardly played
6th - Butler DT - hardly played
7th - Munford OT - played some. Looked ok for a guy drafted where he went
7th - Brittan RB - I didn't notice him really. Think he was mostly on the PS

LV needs help at all 3 levels on Defence. Crosby needs someone to help generate pressure. Need corners, and linebackers.

They have 11 picks. 3 in Rd 5 and 2 each in Rds 6 and 7.

Personally, if that 4th QB is on the board and it's AR, I'd look to trade back just a bit depending on who is looking to move up.

the thing is, except from a few exceptions, our drafting has been pretty dire for ages now. If I were to name the recent 1st round picks, I would become depressed immediately. you are right, we should give McZiegler their chance to see what they can do. However, it's really hard to stay positive after having endured so much in the past few years, even decades as a raiders fan.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
the thing is, except from a few exceptions, our drafting has been pretty dire for ages now. If I were to name the recent 1st round picks, I would become depressed immediately. you are right, we should give McZiegler their chance to see what they can do. However, it's really hard to stay positive after having endured so much in the past few years, even decades as a raiders fan.
Unfortunately as well with a regime change there’s always going to be players who get moved off because they just don’t fit the new scheme.

But, have to give this regime a chance as this is their first legit draft with their own guys following ncaa prospects for the whole season.

Gruden absolutely whiffed.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Jimmy G won't do much without an elite defence to carry him/the rest of the team.
Jimmy isn’t a vertical passing game QB. Not an Al Davis kind of guy.

He is efficient over the middle which speaks well for Waller and Renfrow and even Adams.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Caleb Williams may want to have a real estate agent in Las Vegas on standby.
Jimmy got hurt back in November and still can't pass a physical. Their 4th round QB might be their primary starter this season.

Williams and Maye headline the QB class this year. Plenty of time for someone else to rise up as well. But, this is bad for LV.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
They do play Russell Wilson twice, so they got that going for them at least?
They play the AFC East and NFC North plus get the 3rd place schedule so get Pitt, Indy, and NYG in the NFC East as the extra game.

Honestly, if this is another losing season for the Raiders, what do they do for 2024?

Can't build a roster if you keep changing coaches with new schemes coming in and having to turn over the roster to find guys who fit the new scheme.

Did I expect LV to make the PO with a healthy Jimmy? They need to win their key games against the other teams who are in the WC race to make it.

1) Split their divisional games at the very least. (3 wins)
2) AFC East, beat every team not named Buffalo as you never know who you need the tie breaker against. Go 2-2 and hope that your wins are vs teams that you are battling with for PO spots. (2 wins)
3) NFC matchups Have to beat GB & Chi and split Det/Min. (3 wins)
4) Beat your other AFC opponents since that factors into the tie breaker ahead of the NYG game. (2 wins)

That would get them to 10-7. Finish with an AFC record of 7-5 for their 12 games.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It's good to have options.
well, it's not just a 1 QB race. Maye had an excellent season last year. He was a RS FR, since Howell was the starter when he arrived at NC. Surprised he even took a RS and didn't serve as the backup in 2021.

But, lots of upheaval if the Raiders don't do well. Davis himself complained about the lack of home field advantage. Well, as the owner who had time to put the team together before arriving, he hasn't exactly given the home fans as much hope. Between the 2-3 seasons leading up to the move to LV plus the 3 seasons already there, Raiders aren't really in much better shape to win a SB now than they were prior to arriving in LV.

That's all on Davis.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
well, it's not just a 1 QB race. Maye had an excellent season last year. He was a RS FR, since Howell was the starter when he arrived at NC. Surprised he even took a RS and didn't serve as the backup in 2021.

But, lots of upheaval if the Raiders don't do well. Davis himself complained about the lack of home field advantage. Well, as the owner who had time to put the team together before arriving, he hasn't exactly given the home fans as much hope. Between the 2-3 seasons leading up to the move to LV plus the 3 seasons already there, Raiders aren't really in much better shape to win a SB now than they were prior to arriving in LV.

That's all on Davis.

Good thing Brady got a share of the Raiders, Mark Davis wishes he could be like his dad.

Al Davis, minus his senile days was great.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
They probably shouldn't have spent a shit load of money on Mr. Call of Duty if they intended on tanking lmao
Murray is out around half the season with an acl. If he was healthy going into the season I wouldn’t peg the Cards as a favorite for the top pick. But if last season has taught us anything is that there are no sure things. When teams with Wilson, Stafford, Ryan, Murray end up in the bottom 6, you just never know which team will unexpectedly bottom out.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Murray is out around half the season with an acl. If he was healthy going into the season I wouldn’t peg the Cards as a favorite for the top pick. But if last season has taught us anything is that there are no sure things. When teams with Wilson, Stafford, Ryan, Murray end up in the bottom 6, you just never know which team will unexpectedly bottom out.
They were bad with a healthy Murray too. Even before injuries I wouldn't have bet on Kyler, and now not even Calvin Ridley or the Detroit Lions will.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad