Confirmed with Link: Jim Paliafito & Cam Charron no longer with Organization

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
Always good to shake up management. I heard through someone that lot of these guys did not have contracts after this season.

I expect more changes in the coming days/weeks

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Man Dusty Imoo. If he didn't have such dumb viewpoints, he would be an upgrade on Briere
and this is exactly why we won't win anything. You're literally OK with having ppl that aren't the best person for the job. And for what? Political differences? Do you think he's gonna request a MAGA custom mask for all goalies or something? LOL Insanity.

BackPassChampions

Jun 26, 2015
as long as we dont sign him, i dont care. that guy is mr empty stats and cant shoot the back side of a barn. seemed like a complainer too and was entitled ... meanwhile he stunk.
we need guys that bring it for our bottom 6 and bring it in the playoffs
I agree.

Our top 6 have a longer leash.

Bottom 6, not so much. If you can't bring it in the playoffs with a hardnose play stay, you can go.

We don't have much time to sit around and wait for a bottom 6 guy to "figure it out".

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Charron is an interesting case. Rode the early wave of hockey analytics, but obviously the area has evolved considerably over the past decade +

Curious to see who they end up getting to fill his spot

TheRumble

Feb 19, 2009
Id be curious to see how that would perform League wide.

Vs a competent NHL team it'd probably lose.

It was made specifically to illustrate how bad the Canucks drafting was just like the infamous Potato Article was made to illustrate how bad the the Leafs front office was.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Charron is an interesting case. Rode the early wave of hockey analytics, but obviously the area has evolved considerably over the past decade +

Curious to see who they end up getting to fill his spot

Yeah I am not sure too many pure analytics guys can have a journalism background these days. It requires a lot more technical training, although I have a feeling that NHL teams don't even do everything that it is possible in hockey analytics right now.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
eh rookie Zaitsev was amazing. Whoever is responsible for finding Engvall is the real enemy :sarcasm:

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
This is the Leafs we're talking about, we can afford to cover everything and just so you remember we got Mikheyev out of Russia as a free wallet

That's a 20 goal scorer for basically nothing, give me that any day of the week

Do you really think that in the current geopolitical climate an organization like the Leafs will continue to bring in players from Russia?

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Do you really think that in the current geopolitical climate an organization like the Leafs will continue to bring in players from Russia?
Yea. They players individually are not responsible for Putins war, and as long as there’s no outward support for that regime I think you give the individual the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Vs a competent NHL team it'd probably lose.

It was made specifically to illustrate how bad the Canucks drafting was just like the infamous Potato Article was made to illustrate how bad the the Leafs front office was.

I mean, that’s the assumption. I know why the article was made

Which is why I’d be curious to see where it ranks exactly across the league.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
Charron is kinda internet famous.

He used to run the Canucks Army blog - their equivalent of Pension Plan Puppets.

In 2014 the staff there had an equivalent of the infamous potato article from PPP. They created a computer algorithm named Sham Sharron that would simply draft the highest scoring CHL player available at that given draft slot.

The algorithm outperformed the Canucks scouting staff over a 5 year period when it came to producing NHLers even though it drafted nothing but forwards out of the CHL.

Edit: I'm misremembering some details here. Charron actually ran Pension Plan Puppets and was responsible for the original Dave Nonis vs a Potato article.

Canucks Army paid homage to him by naming their draft strategy after him.

I remember the algorithm. It actually worked quite well at identifying some hidden gems like Sean Durzi and Jordan Kyrou.

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
Did they keep any of their 3 scouts in Russia on contract who worked under Jim? .. I had heard one of 3 da guys who signed Mik left for FLA .. I suspect Mik must be going to FLA .. I never liked da focus on Russian players so I view it as a positive myself .. lets spend more scouting $$$ on OHL where da winners come from
I agree on the OHL angle. We keep trying all these Russian free wallets and all of them are empty except for Miky and that was basically 1 1/2 years that we got good play out of him. We keep hoping for a Panarin and keep getting nothing. Try some good old Canadian or American boyz that the Cup means something to.

Panthers have a worse cap problem than the Leafs. I don’t think they can afford him.
I wish they would sign him to some stupidly expensive deal so they can bitch and moan how he misses on empty nets and breakaways. I like Miky...but I think this year was an aberration more than the coming norm for him. His shooting percentage was through the roof and I doubt he maintains it.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Yea. They players individually are not responsible for Putins war

No kidding.

as long as there’s no outward support for that regime I think you give the individual the benefit of the doubt.

I think it is too politically contentious right now. They will not be bringing in Russian players for a bit. I doubt many teams will.

I am not saying it is right, I am saying it is reality.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00