Recalled/Assigned: Jim O'Brien and Patrick Sieloff recalled

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Well let's just hope that Sieloff blocks a wrist shot with his pills. Just enough to hurt but not cause any major damage. I'd be ok with that.

I'd prefer to see Jaros, but I know that he's just getting back from a broken foot and he's probably not ready.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Odd choices imo, I would have liked to see some more of White. Agreed that Jaros deserves a look but probably needs more time to get back from his foot injury. No issues with Sieloff getting a look though if he's the one they think has played best down there.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
remember when boucher said he was fighting for young guys to get called up....one day ago

Reactions: robsenz

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Odd choices imo, I would have liked to see some more of White. Agreed that Jaros deserves a look but probably needs more time to get back from his foot injury. No issues with Sieloff getting a look though if he's the one they think has played best down there.
I imagine that barring some intense flu or injury bug, we won't see any more of White this year. They want him to "develop" or something.....

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
just yesterday boucher said he was pushing for the young guys to come up....................... maybe he was the good guy all along.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Crazy people still hold Sieloff going hard trying to make the team and accidently hurting Mac against him, the situation sucked for sure but I for one appreciate the guys effort.

Would certainly prefer the young guys to get a look but we have seen the team virtually refuses to make the seemingly obvious and correct player personal moves.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I imagine sieloff in the ahl simply being bad but looking high effort while doing it. it worries me that KK and Randy Lee think that's enough to play in the NHL.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I would have preferred them giving Sexton a look over OB.
I have no issue with them giving Sieloff a chance he has supposedly been playing well lately.. Why not.. People have to get over the MacArthur thing.. It's hockey .. If you are susceptible to an injury .. and you play. you will likely get injured.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
remember when boucher said he was fighting for young guys to get called up....one day ago
Well you see, funny story that is. When Dorion and Boucher talk of that, they're lying. Weird, I know but these guys basically constantly say one thing and do the exact opposite. 3 more years!

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
If it wasn't Sieloff, it could have been anybody else. What if it was Mark Stone who re-injured Clarke? What would people say? Unfortunately, damage was already done previously and MacArthur's career was destined to end up like this.

Sieloff was a 2nd round pick and used to be a decent prospect. It didn't materialize but he's almost 24 y/o now. He's been putting the time and dedication so you reward him by giving him a few NHL checks in a lost season. Nothing wrong with that. It might be his only stint in the NHL.

Chiasson for Sieloff was actually Dorion's 1st trade as a GM (2nd with moving up to get the 11th OA pick). It was a sign of things to come. Trading a NHLer (even if bottom-6 forward) for an AHLer.

To be honest, there's not many prospects to call up from the AHL right now.

Hogberg needs more time in the AHL and you only have 2 goalie spots anyway (and they're healthy right now). Driedger hasn't played much this year (he was injured a while I think) and looked not NHL material in his last NHL game.

Jaros and Perron have been injured for a while. Nick Paul seems to be injured too. Gagne is still young and has finally started figuring out pro hockey this season, he's a long term project so it's a good thing to take your time with him. Chlapik, Harpur, Chabot and McCormick are already up with the big club

White might be the only guy but I guess they want him to develop more in the AHL. No idea what's the status for Englund. I think I would have liked to see Pokka or maybe even Lajoie over Sieloff though

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Patrick Seiloff is tied for #1 of all active players in G/GP, with 1.0
He's way ahead of this guy who is 0.61 over his career named Alexander Ovechkin, ever heard of him?

Everyone seems to hate on this guy because he's a good old Canadian boy who doesn't shy away from physical contact that target the weaknesses of his teammates. Is this hockey or ballet?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I would have preferred them giving Sexton a look over OB.
I have no issue with them giving Sieloff a chance he has supposedly been playing well lately.. Why not.. People have to get over the MacArthur thing.. It's hockey .. If you are susceptible to an injury .. and you play. you will likely get injured.
Yep ,kid wasnt planning on knocking out Mac

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Sometimes a team will call a guy up who has worked hard all year in the AHL so that he can make some NHL money and get a few big league games in as a reward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad