Jim Lever?

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
For anyone that is in their 50s do you remember a very colorful ref in the OHL from way back. I am pretty sure it was Jim Lever. He would interact with the crowd during games lol. I don’t recall him to be a very good ref and the fans would always get on his case. I remember one game in Oshawa he was badly booed. He would stare and glare into the crowd and even remember him adjusting his helmet and giving the middle finger to the crowd.

I wonder if he still around.

Reactions: rangersblues

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Geez -I remember Lever !

Petes games were so much more animated with Lever.

I was younger so it was the behaviour of the adults around me that are etched in my memory-we sat directly behind the penalty box and there wasn’t much glass in those days.

All my adults would act like buffoons yelling “Lever you idiot” etc whenever he came near the penalty box.
One time my Father stood up and dramatically ripped off his eyeglasses and yelled “Hey Lever” as he extended his glasses ! All of section 9 laughed !

Otherwise my adults were all generally quiet hockey fans.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
I remember Lever always wore his visor up high. He didn't like wearing it anymore than a lot of players 🤣. He was always way behind the play too.

Reactions: Ward Cornell

zaluty

May 30, 2007
Kingston
Jim was a beauty. You knew within 5 minutes if the game was going to take 2 hours or 3.5 hours. He called everything or nothing depending on his mood.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad