Jim Hughson

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Why is he the go to guy for HNIC? He delivers little to no emotion unless its a team he favors, if the game doesn't feature a team he cares for there is zero emotion.

Most games he has a favorite and its unbearable, the narrative ruins the broadcast.

I see people rip on Bob Cole all the time but hell at least he is excited when something happens.

Romanuk gets fired up too, real excitement in his calls.

Rogers just doesn't seem to be able to make the correct call on anything.

Semin

Jun 13, 2009
Only time Hughson is tolerable is when he's calling a Canuck game and if you're a Canuck fan.

Oilers Apologist

Jun 28, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I don't know, I love Jim Hughson and Craig Simpson simply because every game I watch is a throwback to NHL 07, but I do agree his calls are fairly mundane.

Mar 14, 2011
Why is he the go to guy for HNIC? He delivers little to no emotion unless its a team he favors, if the game doesn't feature a team he cares for there is zero emotion.

Most games he has a favorite and its unbearable, the narrative ruins the broadcast.

I see people rip on Bob Cole all the time but hell at least he is excited when something happens.

Romanuk gets fired up too, real excitement in his calls.

Rogers just doesn't seem to be able to make the correct call on anything.

I rather listen to PJ Stock and Glean Healy spout BS for a full 60 minutes than listen to Romanuk's monotone, play by play voice call a playoff game.

Hoser

Aug 7, 2005
Only time Hughson is tolerable is when he's calling a Canuck game and if you're a Canuck fan.

Precisely. Hughson is a Vancouver guy through and through. I don't think he does a bad job per se, but Lord help you if you're watching a _______ vs. Canucks game and aren't a Canucks fan. Absolutely insufferable.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
The fans call a penalty the refs don't.

Unbelievable!

They're not booing, they're Louing.

Great save Luongo

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Hughson has worked for TSN and CBC in the past doing hockey and baseball. If you don't think he's "real talent" I'm not sure what to tell you.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
I love Hughson.

The answer to your question is in these responses. People have different opinions. Many like him.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Hughson is ok but I'd like to see him with a better color man. When was the last time Craig Simpson told you something that wasn't obvious?

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I used to like him, but he makes some pretty off-base observations. He should restrict his comments to calling the play.

He's middle-of-the-pack. Better than Emrick, anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad