Jim Coleman Conference Prelim Round - New Jersey Swamp Devils vs Cincinnati Fireworks

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
Damn, it really does seem like an agenda against Mark and his antics for a team lead by Kelly Mahovlich, Conacher, and Kennedy to be a last place team swept in the first round.

I was definitely surprised by the last place finish, but not really by the sweep. All that means is everyone picked NJ to win the series, you can still have a sweep if everyone voted for NJ in 7. It will be interesting to see what the breakdown was when it's released.

vecens24

Jun 1, 2009
Damn, it really does seem like an agenda against Mark and his antics for a team lead by Kelly Mahovlich, Conacher, and Kennedy to be a last place team swept in the first round.

Or it means that TDMM had a clearly better team that everyone voted for, which is accurate.

There isn't an agenda here.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

I think I went Jersey in 6 or 7. I just the the Swamp Devils have that good of a team, and apparently everyone agreed.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario

The fact that the only comment Mark made was that he should lose this series probably didn't help. I've said before that I take arguments into account when voting, and I know many other voters do as well. Anybody who doesn't even make an argument that they should win doesn't have the right to complain when they lose.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011

I missed the voting but in this series I would have voted for the guy making acase for his team and not the guy saying Im going to lose and nothing more.

markrander87

Jan 22, 2010

S'all good, we'll have to see how it goes in ATD 2014 ;)

The fact that the only comment Mark made was that he should lose this series probably didn't help. I've said before that I take arguments into account when voting, and I know many other voters do as well. Anybody who doesn't even make an argument that they should win doesn't have the right to complain when they lose.

I'm sure "arguing my case" would have made a difference.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
A more realistic result would be not to have the 1st round, at all. We shouldn't really expect that most series in the ATD 1st round will really be all that close. Your system would make a four game sweep virtually impossible. Is that realistic? The bottom line is that no one voted for Cincinnati to win. I think the matchup was closer than the result, as well, but the voting is what it is.

This.

If we did what he suggested, every series would be 6 or 7 games.

This isn't about preserving feelings and egos. There has to be some documented distinction between a series that was close and a series that wasn't.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
I'm sure "arguing my case" would have made a difference.

I doubt it would have turned a sweep into a win the other way, but I bet it would have made it closer.

I thought this match-up showed just how strong our division was. It looked to me that our 4th seed actually stood a chance against another first seed.

As I said, and this applies to more people than just you, if you don't even make a case for your team to win, you can't complain if you lose.

markrander87

Jan 22, 2010
I doubt it would have turned a sweep into a win the other way, but I bet it would have made it closer.

I thought this match-up showed just how strong our division was. It looked to me that our 4th seed actually stood a chance against another first seed.

As I said, and this applies to more people than just you, if you don't even make a case for your team to win, you can't complain if you lose.

Direct me to where I complained about losing the series...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad