Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Wow, that's quite the career change after this:

112_0804_03z%2Bjim_clark%2B.jpg

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I got that much from the OP, but I was hoping for something a little more in depth then "because it isn't."

It's just some kind of weird misconception that sticked around here from a few years back. Don't mind it. Pro scouting is probably not the greatest strength of the organization, but it certainly isn't bad either. It's just that some people have crazy expectations that everything must be done at a 100% rate success, which don't really exist on this planet.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Well judging on our pro-scouting, you can blame or praise Murray for that!

Nuff said

This little discussion about Pro Scouting raises the interesting issue of how to gauge the Senators Pro Scouting to other organizations. What would be the criteria used? Trades made? Strategies and tactics employed by the coaches to counter competitors' strategies and tactics?

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011
This little discussion about Pro Scouting raises the interesting issue of how to gauge the Senators Pro Scouting to other organizations. What would be the criteria used? Trades made? Strategies and tactics employed by the coaches to counter competitors' strategies and tactics?

This is what I'm interested in. I've never given a second thought to our pro scouting department so I was interested to hear what the criticisms might be.

So far there haven't been any that have been more articulate than "sucks" so I'd like to hear someone with the capability of thought to chime in with some opinions.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I think a simple gauge would be win/loss category since Murray took over as GM in 2008!

Well, under Murray Sens have a winning record and have made the playoffs more often than not if you want to go that simplistic...

I'd also say that it has very little to do with evaluating pro scouting staff though.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Methot Ryan Macarthur Andy Turris bishop gonchar michalek were all pretty decent pro scouting pickups

I am sure legwand chaisson and hopefully Stewart's will be good aswell

There have been a few avg moves like conacher and kovalev off the top of my head

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
Methot Ryan Macarthur Andy Turris bishop gonchar michalek were all pretty decent pro scouting pickups

I am sure legwand chaisson and hopefully Stewart's will be good aswell

There have been a few avg moves like conacher and kovalev off the top of my head

1st year, he was fine. 2nd year he was our worst player.

Its really to bad he got hurt just before the playoffs, could of changed a lot of people's mind on him.

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
1st year, he was fine. 2nd year he was our worst player.

Its really to bad he got hurt just before the playoffs, could of changed a lot of people's mind on him.

Bang on. He was very effective in his first year, and had he played for us in the playoffs, people would be singing a different tune. He and Fisher were dynamic together.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
I imagine Jim Clark holing himself up with NHL15, and intently studying all off the player ratings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad