GDT: Jim Benning Talking to Media at the Rink -

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
More Benning: We have extra forwards now in training camp. Goldobin will have to come in and have a good camp and make the team.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Benning - “We look at our top 9. We want a top 9 that can contribute on both ends of the ice. We’ve been patient with [Goldy] and we thought he made strides last year but now he has to take ownership of it”

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Benning: I've been in contact with Loui and his agent. He's going to have to come in to camp and have a good camp. He's still a good player, he hasn't scored, but he's a good penalty killer. We have to find a fit for him.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Benning on Juolevi - “He is going through rehab after major knee surgery. He’s going to be at development camp and be full speed ahead. There will be some days we’ll have to pull him off the ice but if everything is good he’ll be on the ice.Our goal is to get him ready for season

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Benning on Juolevi - “He is going through rehab after major knee surgery. He’s going to be at development camp and be full speed ahead. There will be some days we’ll have to pull him off the ice but if everything is good he’ll be on the ice.Our goal is to get him ready for season

so he will be at the prospect camp.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Benning: I've been in contact with Loui and his agent. He's going to have to come in to camp and have a good camp. He's still a good player, he hasn't scored, but he's a good penalty killer. We have to find a fit for him.

this is fairly strong language to use about a veteran. i'd say louis is pencilled in for utica or parts unknown unless he blows the doors off.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
this is fairly strong language to use about a veteran. i'd say louis is pencilled in for utica or parts unknown unless he blows the doors off.

Also said something along the lines.. Eriksson will come in and have a talk with Travis.. i.e. clear the air regarding his comments and his standing and move on...

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
It feels good that Gudbranson and Pouliot will never be deployed as a defensive pairing ever again :dunno:

not to mention never seeing Gralund again.

Based on the additions made this year, subtractions to the line-up, and Q.Hughes breaking into the line-up, I haven't been this excited to watch the Canucks in a long time.

Consistencee

Feb 23, 2017
Whether you like or loathe Benning, you should be terrified with everything he says pre-season. It always pans out the opposite to his initial assessment.

This 'we finally have the depth' comment every summer is literally tradition at this point. It's crazy.

Also I love how after 5 years he's bragging that we will be calling up REAL NHL PLAYERS! Wow!

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Whether you like or loathe Benning, you should be terrified with everything he says pre-season. It always pans out the opposite to his initial assessment.

This 'we finally have the depth' comment every summer is literally tradition at this point. It's crazy.

Also I love how after 5 years he's bragging that we will be calling up REAL NHL PLAYERS! Wow!

He's a chronic self-own'er.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad