Confirmed with Link: Jim Benning named GM of Vancouver (MOD WARNING Post #274)

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlweezer*

wow, carl...

how much would you guess this PR hire is being paid? is he on commission based on how many renewals he gets or how many hands he shakes? or maybe he just gets free shirts that only button to mid-chest?

does he have his own office? or does he just show up to town halls? will he be able to sit in the GM's box during games?

i need to know what you think.
I'm as big of a fan as anybody is when it comes to Trev but even I know that he is way over his head as far as hockey personnel is concerned. Did you see the video of him going into the Nux dressing room after the press conference , lol he had no idea who Mike Zalawski or Frank Corrado was.

I do believe that Trev has the leadership and character to run this franchise. I believe he will hire the right people withe right minds to execute hockey player stuff. It also helps that Trevor has a good rep w. The Nhl.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Not liking what I'm hearing about the Canucks still thinking they can compete.

They are just gonna spend stupid money on some crap FA.

Sigh.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I agree with the notion that trevor will remain the face of the franchise and will work in a similar role to cam Neely and joe sakic in their respective organizations. You can tell that the media spotlight might be too much of a burden for some GMs. I feel like it was something that gillis certainly didn't relish

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
I'm as big of a fan as anybody is when it comes to Trev but even I know that he is way over his head as far as hockey personnel is concerned. Did you see the video of him going into the Nux dressing room after the press conference , lol he had no idea who Mike Zalawski or Frank Corrado was.

I do believe that Trev has the leadership and character to run this franchise. I believe he will hire the right people withe right minds to execute hockey player stuff. It also helps that Trevor has a good rep w. The Nhl.

Do you really believe that Linden had no idea who Corrado or Zalewski were at the press conference? Come on... He just didn't know the details. Give your head a shake.

carlweezer*

Do you really believe that Linden had no idea who Corrado or Zalewski were at the press conference? Come on... He just didn't know the details. Give your head a shake.

yes i really do!

Trev said so himself that he stayed away from hockey on purpose.

Have you ever heard of an NHL team making their franchise president someone who hasnt been involved with hockey for over half a decade.???

Trev was hired as a PR move to sell tickets and give the Canuck brand a positive face. Theres nothing wrong with it, its a smart business move by the Aqualinis.

Benning/Gillman will be running the show. Trev will be the face

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
yes i really do!

Have you ever heard of an NHL team making their franchise president someone who hasnt been involved with hockey for over half a decade.???

Trev was hired as a PR move to sell tickets and give the Canuck brand a positive face. Theres nothing wrong with it, its a smart business move by the Aqualinis.

I think that argument is fair to an extent, but I don't think it's fair to discount his potential.

carolinacanuck

Apr 5, 2007
The Carolinas
yes i really do!

what you're describing is only a fraction of his responsibility, imo.

don't forget his chest!

haha in all seriousness, i agree about your reasons but i also think he'll have more responsibilities than simply being an ambassador, which is what you're describing. dude just hired a GM...that doesn't sound like someone whose only responsibility is shaking hands and kissing babies.

he's building something.

Last edited:

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
yes i really do!

You make it sound like Linden plugged his ears and screamed at the top of his lungs so that he didn't hear anything about hockey.

He stepped away from the game but that doesn't mean he hasn't paid attention to the narratives and news within the NHL and Canucks realm.

Linden is smart, as soon as he was approached about the job I'm sure he started to brush up on some of the Canucks players and news to make sure he knew exactly what he was getting into. He wasn't going to take a job without doing some research first.

The myopic viewpoint of your stance here is incredible.

This will be Bennings show, but Linden isn't just a pretty face in this grand scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad