JHL (ЮХЛ) - U18 Junior hockey league

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
apparently, FHR is starting this league, any ideas what it's gonna be like? teams, divisions..etc.

Is is just going to be a governing body over local regional junior tournaments, that is already taking place every year or it's gonna be a league in true meaning.

Помимо главной команды, которой предстоит выступление в Высшей хоккейной лиге, в структуре клуба будут также дружина, играющая в чемпионате Казахстана, и молодёжный коллектив, готовящийся принять участие в Юниорской хоккейной лиге.

Если кто не слышал, эта лига была создана решением Исполкома ФХР от 14 марта 2012 года и начинает соревнования с сезона 2012/2013 годов. В турнире ЮХЛ смогут принять участие коллективы, состоящие из хоккеистов не старше 18 лет — 1994-1996 годов рождения.

this and a brief mention by Efimov a few month back is all I had seen so far.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
apparently, FHR is starting this league, any ideas what it's gonna be like? teams, divisions..etc.

Is is just going to be a governing body over local regional junior tournaments, that is already taking place every year or it's gonna be a league in true meaning.

Помимо главной команды, которой предстоит выступление в Высшей хоккейной лиге, в структуре клуба будут также дружина, играющая в чемпионате Казахстана, и молодёжный коллектив, готовящийся принять участие в Юниорской хоккейной лиге.

Если кто не слышал, эта лига была создана решением Исполкома ФХР от 14 марта 2012 года и начинает соревнования с сезона 2012/2013 годов. В турнире ЮХЛ смогут принять участие коллективы, состоящие из хоккеистов не старше 18 лет — 1994-1996 годов рождения.

this and a brief mention by Efimov a few month back is all I had seen so far.

No idea, but I'd love to know more. Any potential upgrade of junior hockey is exciting to me!

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Jeez isn't MHL enough? You guys are already beginning to kick our behinds. ;)

On a serious note, in Russia what is the level below the MHL A and B leagues, is it an u-16 league of some sort?

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Jeez isn't MHL enough? You guys are already beginning to kick our behinds. ;)

On a serious note, in Russia what is the level below the MHL A and B leagues, is it an u-16 league of some sort?

at this point there are local regional Junior tournaments then the winners of all the regionals play a pool to crown a National Champ. u-16, u-15 and etc..

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
so Gornyak (Uchaly) - Ufa region is the last years champion.

I had been looking at the preliminary tables for the forthcoming season and there seems to be more teams in the Ural-Sibir and Povolzhye divisions already.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Are there a lot of guys who move on to the MHL from this league? ie. is this the league that Osipov played in last year? Kind of hope eliteporspects eventually tracks this league.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Are there a lot of guys who move on to the MHL from this league? ie. is this the league that Osipov played in last year? Kind of hope eliteporspects eventually tracks this league.

it only existed for one year, so who knows...Kazan' has a team there, a few other KHL organizations do. I think this league will and should become MHL - B feeder for the most part.

Just checked a few transactions - yeah JHL players are signing with the MHL-B teams, Kuban for example.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
it only existed for one year, so who knows...Kazan' has a team there, a few other KHL organizations do. I think this league will and should become MHL - B feeder for the most part.

Just checked a few transactions - yeah JHL players are signing with the MHL-B teams, Kuban for example.

Sounds like more cities are being brought on line, with a vehicle for their young talented athletes to become hockey players. The more the merrier!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad