JGR's 2005 mock draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGR

Mar 8, 2005
Here is my mock draft:

1. Pittsburgh – Sidney Crosby – Who else?
2.Washington – Gilbert Brule – They have a lot of skill with Ovechkin and Semin but they need a leader for the future. He might be small but he’s the consensus no.2.
3. Chicago – Bobby Ryan – They lack a true power forward for the future and there is no way they’re drafting another dman.
4. Columbus – Jack Johnson – With Nash and Zherdev, they’re set upfront.
5. Phoenix – Anze Kopitar – They need a more skill up the middle especially after trading Langkow. Gretzky loves Bourret but they go with their heads and draft a center.
6. NY Rangers – Alex Bourret – Sparkplug. They need more of that type of player for the future.
7. Florida – Ryan Parent – They have plenty of everything else, so they go with a steady stay-at-home dman.
8. Carolina – Luc Bourdon – They need a blue-chipper on the defense. They already have Pelletier and Ward in goal for the future.
9. Anaheim – Ryan O’marra – Most of their offensive prospects are wingers: Lupul, Chistov, Perry, Getzlaf, etc…
10. Atlanta – Benoit Pouliot – They need a centre but they just can’t pass him up.
11. LA – Jakub Kindl – They take a chance on an inconsistent but extremely talented dman. They need more quality prospects on the back end.
12. Minnesota – Tukka Rask – They’re not gonna go all the way with Roloson or Fernandez.
13. Buffalo – Marc Staal – They’re all set upfront and in goal but need help in between.
14. Edmonton – Jack Skille – They hope that this guy is the sniper they’ve been looking for. He would fit in nicely with the Oilers’ style of play.
15. Nashville – Guillaume Latendresse – They have a lot of gritty forwards but no true-blue power forward.
16. NY Islanders – Ryan Stoa – They need a go-to guy up the middle with Yashin not amounting to anything and Peca rumoured to be leaving.
17. St-Louis – Matt Lashoff – MacInnis might retire and Pronger is only human.
18. Montreal – Risto Korhonen – With Latendresse, Stoa and Pouliot gone they have to go with their greatest need, help on the blueline.
19. Calgary – Chris Durand – He might not exactly be a grinder but he has the skill the Flames need up the middle.
20. Dallas – Mikka Lehtonen - With most of the big dman gone, they take a risk on a potential power forward.
21. Colorado – JP Levasseur – They like Aebischer but they start grooming another no.1, just in case.
22. New Jersey – Niklas Bergfors – They want a physical dman with Stevens close to retirement but they just can’t pass up on this guy.
23. Ottawa – Devin Setoguchi – They don’t need size (Hossa and Spezza aren’t small), they need skilled character and this guy has plenty of both.
24. NY Rangers (Toronto traded their pick for Leetch) – Brendan Mikkelson – They’re starting to have a lot of skilled prospects upfront but they don’t have many puck-moving dmen.
25. Philadelphia – Corey Price – They don’t really have any young goalies in the pipeline.
26. Vancouver – Kendall McArdle – They have enough size upfront to take a chance on a small but skilled forward.
27. Boston – Michael Sauer – They’re defence is either too slow or too small for the future (aside from Stuart).
28. San Jose - Chris Lawrence – All they really need is some size upfront. They have almost everything else.
29. Detroit – Justin Abdelkader – He’s been going up the rankings throughout the year and the Wings just love making a steal on draft day (Datsyuk, Zetterberg, etc…)
30. Tampa Bay – Alexandre Vincent – He had a bad prospects’game but overall he had an outstanding year and the champs don’t really have any young goalies coming up.

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
JGR said:
Here is my mock draft:
27. Boston – Michael Sauer – They’re defence is either too slow or too small for the future (aside from Stuart).

I think thats a bit of a reach for the Bruins. Sauer is more of a Mid 2nd in my opinion.

ANd by the way, there is no way the Bruin d corp is small
Gonchar
Boynton
Stuart
Jurcina
Alberts
Jonsson
Girard

They may have minor issues with the speed but it will be a definatlely improvement from recent years

X0ssbar

Hope your right about C-bus. I would be estatic if JJ was still on the board at #4 although I believe that if Chicago picks in front of the CBJ that the CBJ will swap picks with them throwing in a 4th or 5th rounder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad