Value of: JG Pageau

crayzy8

Jul 7, 2009
Carleton Place
He is a local kid and has tremendous value for our organization. It doesn't matter what we propose on these boards know one ever likes it anyways. I'm not surprised that Pageau is coveted. He's a good hockey player and is loved by the fans

Reactions: Deku

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Pageau would be perfect as a bridge to Frost in Philly. I'd be willing to offer Hagg and a 2; it's a bit of an overpay, but we can probably afford the hit on the back end, and it perfectly fills our one remaining hole at forward.

Reactions: ArchAngel55

PitchNHL

Jul 18, 2018
He scores like 30 points a yr and never passed the eye test for me (except in that one playoff game he scored 4 goals). Don’t know his advanced stats tbh but I wouldn’t offer more than a 2nd

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
He scores like 30 points a yr and never passed the eye test for me (except in that one playoff game he scored 4 goals). Don’t know his advanced stats tbh but I wouldn’t offer more than a 2nd
Yep,bad year...Which is why we wont move him,besides most know he is better than those numbers

Flyers Faithful

Feb 12, 2016
Pageau would be perfect as a bridge to Frost in Philly. I'd be willing to offer Hagg and a 2; it's a bit of an overpay, but we can probably afford the hit on the back end, and it perfectly fills our one remaining hole at forward.
That’s what I was thinking. I’d offer either Hagg and a second or Hagg, Laughton, and NJD’s 3rd rounder. I think Laughton would be great in OTT as a Top 9 LW

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
That’s what I was thinking. I’d offer either Hagg and a second or Hagg, Laughton, and NJD’s 3rd rounder. I think Laughton would be great in OTT as a Top 9 LW

Ottawa needs C’s more though, a top 9 LW would be at the bottom of the list. Right now you have Duchene, Pageau and Smith with experience down the middle. They have younger guys in Brown, Chlapik and White who are considered C’s but to expect two to step in right away is asking a lot.

Flyers Faithful

Feb 12, 2016
Ottawa needs C’s more though, a top 9 LW would be at the bottom of the list. Right now you have Duchene, Pageau and Smith with experience down the middle. They have younger guys in Brown, Chlapik and White who are considered C’s but to expect two to step in right away is asking a lot.
Laughton has played center for us most of his career so he could play center for you guys too. I just figured with Hoffman gone you’d need a lw and I personally like Laughton better a lw than c

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Laughton has played center for us most of his career so he could play center for you guys too. I just figured with Hoffman gone you’d need a lw and I personally like Laughton better a lw than c

I think that was partially the purpose of getting Boedker back in the Hoffman deal, to somewhat replace him. If Pageau were to be traded it would leave a huge void. C depth is already an issue for me but it is what it is I guess.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I think his value is around a late (25-31) 1st round pick. Maybe 2x2nd like Washington paid for Eller. Somewhere in between, I guess

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
Nobody would make a trade for JGP, he is more valuable to Ottawa then he is to other teams and I doubt anyone would overpay.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
In 2016 and 2017, no player who finished ahead of him in Selke voting had fewer points than him. He is a player who brings much more than just points, and he produces 30+ points pretty consistently without being given any type of high-end linemates. He's a heart and soul player who plays tough minutes with skill, physicality, and very solid defensive play.

I honestly would not be the least bit surprised if the Sens were asking for as much or more for Pageau than they were asking for Brassard. I expect he will play 2nd line next year, post career highs, and then probably be dealt at the deadline or the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad