Value of: JG Pageau to Anaheim

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Pageau has been one of my favourite "non star" players to watch since he broke in a few years back. If Kesler is going to be out for significant time, the Ducks could use a gritty top 9 C to go against the opponents best, and I'd love to see Pageau play alongside our best defensive winger in Cogliano - could see them causing fits with their quickness and tenacity.

I have a feeling Pageau wouldn't be expendable unless a Karlsson deal happened to bring back another top 9 center. If that does happen, what does it take to get Pageau heading west?

Would the Lars Eller return (two 2nds) be a fair comparable? The offer I had in mind was Antoine Morand + 2019 2nd....

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
He'd only be available if one of our prospects establishes themselves as a top 9 NHL forward. As of right now Pageau is our #2 centre, 1# PKer and has great chemistry with Stone. I can't see him being traded.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
He'd only be available if one of our prospects establishes themselves as a top 9 NHL forward. As of right now Pageau is our #2 centre, 1# PKer and has great chemistry with Stone. I can't see him being traded.

I understand he is a vital piece under current circumstances. I've seen some Karlsson proposals that included a top 9 center as a secondary piece, so I was curious about Pageau' s value in the event that Ottawa first acquires someone like Faksa etc.

Silfverberg.

You're aware he only has the one year left on his deal? I wouldn't have thought that would be a fit for Ottawa given his contract status and your strength on RW.

As a Ducks fan I would do that, we would be getting similar offensive upside and defensive/PK ability at a position at which we currently have a greater need, and also an extra year of affordable cost control. I see them having similar impacts as players but I think those other factors make Pageau more valuable to the Ducks, and I think we can really use another spark plug up front.

Last edited:

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
The Sens are currently over loaded with B level prospects. So another one of those and 2nd doesn't really do anything.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
No rush to trade Pageau for two 2nds.

What's he worth at the deadline as a rental in 2020 when his contract is expiring? The Sens probably get a comparable package to two 2nds. So why deal him now?

If I'm the Sens, I either want an overpayment to move Pageau now, meaning a playoff team's top 10 protected 1st in a package deal, or I want a younger player who isn't a sure thing but has upside to be better than Pageau.

Pageau is primed to have a career year in Ottawa. Unless something out of left field happens, like Logan Brown breaking out as an NHL 2C, Pageau is probably going to get more offensively favourable minutes than he has gotten in his career. The Senators have Colin White who could fill Pageau's previous spot as defensive 3C. Sens fans have seen Pageau produce like a 2C in short sample sizes where injuries have forced him up the depth chart. If the Sens are smart and they want to trade Pageau, they wait until the 2019 TDL when he has 1.5 years left on a very reasonable cap hit and might have put up a 40-50+ point type pace as a 2C.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Before the Brassard trade you may have been able to get a dialogue going, but at this point it would likely take an overpayment.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Lol he's gonna cost a stupid amount for what he currently is, they're banking on him having a William Karlsson like top 6 breakout this year. He's got the underlying tools at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad