Confirmed with Link: JG Pageau Signed 2 year 1 way deal

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
Can't argue with that price. Hopefully he earns a bigger contract in 2 years, but I'm happy that we didn't overpay for potential.

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
Wow. Excellent value for our 3rd line center! I'm a big believer in Pageau and I think this contract will be a steal in the next 2 years. Even if he just maintains his numbers it's still a bargain. Absolutely love it!

Hopefully Stone and Zibby are done soon too.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Happy with the money and term. Would like to see Stone and Zibby to similarly short term bridge contracts. Neither has the top end exploding potential EK had to gamble long term benifits of a long term contract.

Bridge contract, then Turris-type contract.

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
Pageau should fire his agent lol

Could've easily gotten 1.5M

Probably more interested in playing time & establishing himself. It's his first 1-way deal, he has yet to play a full season in the NHL, and his team already had 1 forward on permanent scratch duty this past season. A slightly lower salary helps keep his value from bottoming out if he struggles next season, making him more likely to be traded instead of ending up like Greening.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Are you kidding me? That's ridiculous. He could have easily gotten 1.5 or even 2!!

Probably means Murray asking these guys to take a bit of a paycut so he can use money on other assets cause thats only way this makes sense.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
i think most people had him penciled in a 1 or 1.1 at least when we wre running the numbers on how much cap the sens would have most peole had him at those numbers

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Are you kidding me? That's ridiculous. He could have easily gotten 1.5 or even 2!!

Probably means Murray asking these guys to take a bit of a paycut so he can use money on other assets cause thats only way this makes sense.

BM has three other centres already under contract (Legwand, Smith & Lazar) & had the upper hand on Pageau. If he wants to play in the NHL this is a decent first contract for him to retain his position & job on the team. I doubt he could have done better even if he would have gone to the KHL since they seem to be having some economic problems right now.

Tee Lo

May 1, 2015
I remember Murray saying the RFA's would be willing to play for cheap, or something along those lines a while back.

Didn't know he meant this cheap. Wow. gg

BigBush*

Happy with the money and term. Would like to see Stone and Zibby to similarly short term bridge contracts. Neither has the top end exploding potential EK had to gamble long term benifits of a long term contract.

Stone doesnt have top end potential? Hes the only one of our RFAs id be ok giving max term to

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
He has not played a complete season in the NHL yet, but he is clearly ready. I would have guessed somewhere between 1.1-1.5 AAV for a two-year, so I see this as a huge bargain that will help the club get other players under contract.

BigBush*

Really hope he can break out offensively and become a Johnson Lite.

Better hit the gym this summer Zib, Pageaus been trying to take your job for a few years now

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

Heard Murray today in his interview mention that management isn't interested in giving Zib and co. huge longterm contracts. Says they are useful players but need to prove themselves to get that deal. They didn't "kick down the door" as he put it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad