Value of: Jett Woo for Andreas Johnsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Is a tweener what you call a guy who’d be a first liner on your team

Yes. Do you mean Spooner or Leivo though? Just because our team is broken doesn't mean we will just take what ever is offered.

We need Woo though, he is our only RHD prospect.

This is a weird thread. A trade to piss off two teams from someone that doesn't seem invested in either while mocking a third team.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Yes. Do you mean Spooner or Leivo though? Just because our team is broken doesn't mean we will just take what ever is offered.

We need Woo though, he is our only RHD prospect.

This is a weird thread. A trade to piss off two teams from someone that doesn't seem invested in either while mocking a third team.
Im not pissing anyone off or mocking anyone.

Im revisiting an old proposal because circumstances have drastically changed.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Im not pissing anyone off or mocking anyone.

Im revisiting an old proposal because circumstances have drastically changed.

No, the original proposal was Johnsson and Holl for Leipsic and Woo. The issue many posters had with the offer, was that Woo was being called a throw-in rather than the main piece of the deal. I'm not surprised that you decided to bump your thread (and when that was closed, you started a new one).

Guess what though? Woo has also stepped up his game, despite being a defensive defenseman he's averaging a point per game. So, I think the Canucks will still keep the prospect who is 6 years younger and is showing steps since his draft.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
No, the original proposal was Johnsson and Holl for Leipsic and Woo. The issue many posters had with the offer, was that Woo was being called a throw-in rather than the main piece of the deal. I'm not surprised that you decided to bump your thread (and when that was closed, you started a new one).

Guess what though? Woo has also stepped up his game, despite being a defensive defenseman he's averaging a point per game. So, I think the Canucks will still keep the prospect who is 6 years younger and is showing steps since his draft.
Holl and leipsic are worthless and always have been. Johnsson was being called worthless, but that was clearly foolish to some.

No point in even mentioning leipsic and holl.

Im glad your project has progressed. Keep in ki d its not uncommon for dmen to score ppg after draft year in junior. Most do. Even the likes of jared cowen and such.

forty47seven

May 2, 2009
It's been 20+ years since the Canucks drafted a (non-overage) CHL Dman who went a PPG in their D+1 season. I doubt they have any interest in trading Woo.

The Leafs are a playoff contender this year. Why would they trade a roster player for a prospect that's couple years away from (potentially) making an impact?

Doesn't seem like a fit for either team.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Holl and leipsic are worthless and always have been. Johnsson was being called worthless, but that was clearly foolish to some.

Im glad tour project has progressed.

This is the OP's post where Holl, Johnsson and Leipsic were discussed, can you see why others had a problem with it?

Ultimately TOR needs a role player/agitator in their bottom 6. Leipsic is just right.

Holl is a good player and could add depth to VAN. There seems to be a major log jam on TOR's RHD now.

Johnsson is a struggling in a 4th line role but could be good for VAN in a more offensive role. He was a solid player for the Marlies last year and helped the team win the AHL championship.

Woo is the add on to even out this trade.

Reactions: GOilers88

forty47seven

May 2, 2009

Im glad your project has progressed. Keep in ki d its not uncommon for dmen to score ppg after draft year in junior. Most do. Even the likes of jared cowen and such.

Jared Cowen was ~0.5PPG in his post draft season.

It's not that common for a guy pegged to be a defensive/2-way guy to put up these kind of numbers as an 18 year old. The ones that do are viturally a lock to have some kind of NHL career.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Have you ever met a Leaf fan in the flesh? That seems right on par to this neutral observer
What a dumb post. I once met a jet fan who said Connor was better than Matthews and was obnoxious. And I have met multiple jet fans who have had similar asinine opinions. If I used that sample size to portray all of you, all jets fans would be dumber than a bag of bricks. But that's not the case is it?

NHL WAR

Sep 29, 2018
What is the point of this thread? Leafs are a contender... they aren't trading their best left winger for a prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad