Injury Report: Jets Wounded Update

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Wondering if PLD doesn't skate until Friday at the earliest.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Anyone else feel like the PLD injury situation is suspect? Bowness keeps moving the goalposts, and we don't even know what the issue is with PLD. Then you have this:

I do not mean this in a demeaning or derogatory way but this injury sounds like it falls between his ears. Whether it is a mental wellness thing, or perhaps a case of him not being motivated. This is, of course, complete speculation.
But you have to reason that if it was a physical injury the assumption would be that he is cleared to play by team doctors, otherwise you would not have the coach leaving those decisions to the player. The coach would defer to the team doctor on timelines and expctations.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I think people are reading way too much into things. The full quote expands on it. He's got a slight injury and are leaving it up to him to say if he believes ha can get through a game without aggravating it.

Also whether it's worth exacerbating down the stretch or gaining some healing time prior to possible PO run.

Reactions: AlaskaJet and hn777

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think people are reading way too much into things. The full quote expands on it. He's got a slight injury and are leaving it up to him to say if he believes ha can get through a game without aggravating it.

Last few games he played, he might just as well have been in the PB. Not willing to get involved, staying on the perimeter. That is not his game. If he is having to baby the injury it is better to sit him out.

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
Last few games he played, he might just as well have been in the PB. Not willing to get involved, staying on the perimeter. That is not his game. If he is having to baby the injury it is better to sit him out.
PLD doesn’t have a contract right now. His next one won’t be with the Jets. The last thing he wants is a serious injury that could jeopardize his future. No way he gets too involved in front of the net. His preference right now is to stay on the IR.

Aphid

Oct 19, 2014
PLD doesn’t have a contract right now. His next one won’t be with the Jets. The last thing he wants is a serious injury that could jeopardize his future. No way he gets too involved in front of the net. His preference right now is to stay on the IR.

What? This is a bad take. I don't care much for Dubois as I think he is way overrated so I am not defending him here. He already has a bad name with what he did to Columbus. Even if he did choose to go to a different team after his contract is up, unless he's a complete idiot, he's not going to remove any doubt that he's the type of player that when things are not the way he wants it, he quits.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I have no reason to suspect PLD at all. I think he would kill to be healthy and in the line up, these guys are all competitors. Hey, I don’t know if he wants to be here long term but I absolutely believe he is on the team now and he wants to win this season. When he’s healthy enough he will be back, in the mean time lets kick ass tomorrow.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
According to Ken Wiebe this is a different injury than the first one (lower body) and this is upper body and he thinks is a concussion.
Seriously if you want to believe a "story" it has to make sense first.
Anyone who thinks he is sitting out needs to get their head a shake. The more PLD plays the more points he gets the bigger contract he gets. What GM in their right mind would give PLD a contract if he did this?

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
What? This is a bad take. I don't care much for Dubois as I think he is way overrated so I am not defending him here. He already has a bad name with what he did to Columbus. Even if he did choose to go to a different team after his contract is up, unless he's a complete idiot, he's not going to remove any doubt that he's the type of player that when things are not the way he wants it, he quits.
So you think he’d choose integrity over money ? Doubtful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad