Jets working on official ticket resale system

Discussion in 'Fugu's Business of Hockey Forum' started by LadyStanley, Aug 11, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. LadyStanley

LadyStanley RIP Fugu

2. cbcwpg

cbcwpg Registered User

Great idea.

I know there will be a few games I can't go to, and I'm more than happy just getting my money back or credit ( even with a small fee ). I'm not in this to make money.

3. Mungman

Mungman It's you not me.

Marine Biologist
    yaaaa, i'm not big on the "credit" or the "seller's fees" that will be involved here... I'll just be selling to friends, neighbours and co-workers for face value and using that to pay off some of the monthly payments, I'm gonna miss some games with travel and family commitments. /SARCON except for the Leaf games, scalp those for max return, since their fans are some sort of masochists they'd probably feel badly if they didn't get ripped off /SARCOFF)

4. kdb209

kdb209 Registered User

But, unlike the Sharks Power Play Ticket Trader, this site will be hamstrung by scalping laws.

Why would a STH sell through this site at < face value (after service fees) when they can sell elsewhere on the secondary markets for more.

The Sharks allow the seller to set their own price with the caveat that it MUST be $5 or $10 above the single game face value - to avoid undercutting box office sales. The Sharks/Ticketbastard add a per ticket and per transaction service fee to the buyer and keep 10% from the seller. The seller actually gets only 90% of the price - in credit to their Sharks account, not cash. The buyer can view all the tickets available (sec/row/seat location and their prices) for any given game. The seller can raise/lower the price or withdraw the tickets at any time.

Hopefully the Jets will also support the ability for STH to send their tickets by email, which makes it really convenient to sell unused tickets - the barcode on the paper tickets is invalidated and new tickets with a new barcode is sent as a .pdf attachment to print.

I typically sell by unused tickets (generally at or below face value) by listing them in multiple places - a mailing list of friends/co-workers/past buyers, the ticket thread on the Sharks board here, a sharks-tickets yahoo group, etc - get paid via PayPal, and email the tickets. I've only used the Sharks resale site a couple of times.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  5. pegcity

pegcity Registered User

I'm assuming that people on the waiting list will get first priority which will leave everyone else with nothing just like before?

6. King Woodballs

King Woodballs Captain Awesome

great idea

from what I understand pegcity I think it will be open to anyone on a 1st come 1st serve basis.

7. cbcwpg

cbcwpg Registered User

Wrong. The only benefits that being on the waiting list gets you is:

-Priority access to purchase Stanley Cup playoff ticket packages prior to the general public, subject to availability.
    -Invitation to a select Ticket Holder event.
    -15% discount at the Team Store.
    -Email notification when tickets are released through Ticketmaster for sold out games.
    - potential STH.

As far as the resale website, it will be 1st come 1st serve for anyone.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011