Would like to try

Z-Datsyuk-Abby
Tatar-Sheahan-Nyquist
Jurco-Helm-Weiss
Miller-Glenny-Andy

TimoneX

Jul 30, 2012
This schedule is stupid.

Totally approve of this message. Detroit with just 3 Feb games played on the 13th and EIGHT Feb games remaining to close out the shortened month. dumb.

Like Helm on the wing. Prefer Glendening on the 4th line and Weiss on the 3rd.

Jusek

Dec 2, 2009
Hey Babs, how about just:

Jurco-Sheahan-Weiss
Miller-Glendening-Andersson

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Don't really care about the forward lines at the moment. Care more about them starting on time and giving a 100% after the ******** lack of effort of the last game.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Does anyone know if the Joe is doing anything for Valentines day? Like on the scoreboard? And a number I could call? TIA.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Does anyone know if the Joe is doing anything for Valentines day? Like on the scoreboard? And a number I could call? TIA.

From the Wings website:

Special Video Board Announcements
Guests wishing to have birthday or special messages shown on the video board are required to make a $50 donation to the Red Wings Wish Club benefiting the Children's Hospital of Michigan Foundation. For more information or to make a donation, call 313.745.5024.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Why does Helene have a job? :shakehead I mean you know its terrible when the minute she asks a question you already know the answer that the players are gonna say.

That's true of 99% of sports interview questions.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
I think Babs has been looking to balance his lines with scoring threats lately. Maybe he can get Weiss out against some favorable matchups.

I don't think Glendening has looked out of place on the 3rd line. In fact, I look at that 3rd line and start drooling at the thought of the pain it can bring. Speed, grit, scoring touch.

TimoneX

Jul 30, 2012
I think Babs has been looking to balance his lines with scoring threats lately. Maybe he can get Weiss out against some favorable matchups.

I don't think Glendening has looked out of place on the 3rd line. In fact, I look at that 3rd line and start drooling at the thought of the pain it can bring. Speed, grit, scoring touch.

Sounds reasonable. Gotta be weird for Weiss though. He nets the Wings only goal in a vile performance and gets dropped to the 4th line.

Perhaps it has as much to do with Jurco and Babs is just trying to get him going. The kid is shooting pucks at every opportunity, but nothing goes in the net. Only Z had more shots v Pitt. Jurco is now under 3% S%.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Babcock is just obsessed with taking grinders and giving them increasingly offensive roles

Glendening has done well on the 4th line this year so Babcock is now starting to see him as a third liner

the next step is 2nd liner with some looks on the powerplay once he's entrenched in Babcock's mind as a third liner,I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen at some point regardless of how he does on the third line

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Babcock is just obsessed with taking grinders and giving them increasingly offensive roles

Glendening has done well on the 4th line this year so Babcock is now starting to see him as a third liner

the next step is 2nd liner with some looks on the powerplay once he's entrenched in Babcock's mind as a third liner,I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen at some point regardless of how he does on the third line

I know, right?! If only we had a coach that knew what he was doing and could turn us into a top team in the league!

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Weiss is back on the 4th line? He should be up with Dats and Tatar. That was when he was scoring. And we were winning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad