Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Winged Wheel Feb 14 6:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
Oh right, this is the team we gave up multiple leads to playing their AHL goalie and ultimately pissing away the third period.

Regardless, GJG.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Does Detroit being a former Western team factor in at all?

Certainly.
If Pavelec plays their time in the Western conference would have played a significant factor. But with Hutch in net, he negates their former western past.

Simply boils down to West v. East= easy win.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Oh right, this is the team we gave up multiple leads to playing their AHL goalie and ultimately pissing away the third period.

Regardless, GJG.

The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize the situation is over, you cannot move forward.

-Steve Maraboli

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I'm more scared of Mrazek than Howard. If Howard starts, and we can match up well against all 4 of Detroits forward lines, which all can score, we should be good. I'm excited to see what Myers and Stafford will continue to do with some more practice time.

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize the situation is over, you cannot move forward.

-Steve Maraboli

I like to use the hard times in the past to motivate me today.

-Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

:handclap:

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
@friesensunmedia: Optional type practice for #NHLJets in Detroit today. Some choosing concourse soccer/volleyball over ice.

@friesensunmedia: Myers among those opting out for #NHLJets . Stafford in.

Pretty sure Myers chose the volleyball option.

igorulanov

Jan 31, 2015
Winnipeg
Hmmm... Would anyone be willing to give up on POMO if Babcock said he'd come to the Jets in the off-season?

Maybe the question should be whether the potential of Babcock's continued awesomeness is greater than what we think Maurice can do with this team?

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Hmmm... Would anyone be willing to give up on POMO if Babcock said he'd come to the Jets in the off-season?

Maybe the question should be whether the potential of Babcock's continued awesomeness is greater than what we think Maurice can do with this team?

What? This make absolutely no sense. There is no coaching vacancy in Winnipeg. Even if there were there is a slight problem.....

At some point in 2015, Mike Babcock will become the highest paid coach in the NHL. His salary will start with a four, perhaps even a five. Whether it’s with Detroit or somewhere else, Babcock will set a new salary standard for coaches.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/w...ke-babcock-soon-be-a-4-million-man-heres-why/

igorulanov

Jan 31, 2015
Winnipeg
It was meant to be totally hypothetical. I know we got Maurice and he's not going anywhere, but would anyone rather have Babcock instead?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

So how does this work...Babcock makes a public statement that he always wanted to coach the Jets, and he will forego negotiating with all other teams at the end of Detroit's season if the Jets would be willing to fire the coach that they have finally had success with, with 3 years left on his contract?

Master Scheif

dirt nasty
Jun 7, 2014
Winnipeg
I get the sorts of skills that can be developed by this... but seriously? After a loss?

I get it. It would make sense for Myers to try and get to know the guys, get comfortable and familiar. Loosen up a bit. I think that's really important. I'm sure the guys who organised it were thinking the same thing.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
must wing

For sure, we gotta jet upwards in the standings.

I get it. It would make sense for Myers to try and get to know the guys, get comfortable and familiar. Loosen up a bit. I think that's really important. I'm sure the guys who organised it were thinking the same thing.

I read Myers was skipping practice due to the Weber slapshot he took.

I think the optional practice is Maurice's way of saying, "Guys, keep playing like that, and we're all good."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad