Heritage jerseys!

ws20211105kk01.jpg

ws20211105kk10.jpg

Last edited:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Hellebuyck injury? Did I miss something somewhere along the way?

Giving birth is extremely hard on the body, just give Helle some rest and he should be fine.

Hell Boy with the realization/first on the job tasks/biomechanical feedback - all pointing to the New Deal. He's a Dad. This hits some folks particularly hard. Not me though. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:laugh:

Where to begin, (channeling Capt'n Kirk) where - to - begin! Ah yes:

- how the hell to mix a bottle of baby's edible protein slurry/feed and get it warm but not hot
- as above but with 2 hours sleep in the past 20 hours
- figuring out the cryptic art of diaper changing
- realizing at 4:30 am that Connie Calder is a demi-goddess
- mastering the diaper change in realtime but forgetting your muscle memory at 2:30 am, realizing the change table looks not unlike a milk barn, and needs max disinfecting/incineration and rebuilding
- mixing bottles at 1:30 am (NOT hot, just warm)
- trying to get baby to settle, giving Mom a 5 min break, give up - hand back infant to disgusted Mom
- Trying to figure out back buttons on a onesie that looks like its sized for a roasting chicken
-Etc, ad nauseum

Last edited:

Pandemonia

Aug 30, 2020
Hell Boy with the realization/first on the job tasks/biomechanical feedback - all pointing to the New Deal. He's a Dad. This hits some folks particularly hard. Not me though. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:laugh:

- how the hell to mix a bottle and get it warm but not hot
- mastering the diaper change in realtime but forgetting your muscle memory at 2:30 am, realizing the change table needs max disinfecting/incineration and rebuilding
- trying to get baby to settle, giving Mom a 5 min break, give up - hand back infant to disgusted Mom
- Trying to figure out back buttons on a onesie that looks like its sized for a roasting chicken
-Etc, ad nauseum

I'll confess to being one of the ignorant nulliparous but didn't you have a setting on your microwave for reheating bottles?

The back buttons made me laugh. I have a friend who observed that her husband could, with one hand, open any bra closure that was ever marketed but was absolutely hopeless at dressing any of their infants using both of his hands.

Back to the topic, I hope it's only new paternal fatigue that may keep Helle out of the lineup tomorrow, and not something more serious in the health arena.

Reactions: kanadalainen

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I'll confess to being one of the ignorant nulliparous but didn't you have a setting on your microwave for reheating bottles?

:nod: That one only took me a week to parse. :laugh: But then, I was (engage delay effect) Super-Bottle-Man. One handed measure, mix and chuck (into the microwave). Bam - from empty bottle to non-crying baby making guzzling noises in < 2 min.

Reactions: Pandemonia

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
If Helle has already had it and has natural immunity, he’ll be fine.
Sleep deprivation is a good guess. Can’t say I miss those long nights.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: libertarian

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
Whose getting the majority of the boos?
The Captain Jonathon Toews.

Instead of a "Who's Your Captain" chant.

A "Where was your Captain" chant might be more appropriate. Just shame that guy out of town and give the Hometown Kid cold sweaty nightmares for the rest of his life.

Last edited:

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Where to begin, (channeling Capt'n Kirk) where - to - begin! Ah yes:

- how the hell to mix a bottle of baby's edible protein slurry/feed and get it warm but not hot
- mastering the diaper change in realtime but forgetting your muscle memory at 2:30 am, realizing the change table looks not unlike a milk barn, and needs max disinfecting/incineration and rebuilding
-Etc, ad nauseum

Addendum...
- you can't use your blocker on your infant...
- you can't use your stick on your infant...
- you can't block the innocent wails of your infant...
- you can't stop thinking how powerless you are in your infants presence...
- you can't fathom how much your life has changed for ever...
- you can't reconcile how everything else in your life matters so much less than your infant...
- you can't face yourself, don't trust yourself with this future task, even though you are a super hero in your work...

I remember those days...

My Father had his revenge... :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad