Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Rangers - Tue Mar 6 6:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Hutchinson has been on the regular NHL roster for 29 days (cf capfriendly) since last clearing waivers. I think he needs to be sent down today or he would have to clear waivers again. I checked in the CBA, his two days as an emergency recall don't count (Sec. 13.5 (i)).

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Hutchinson has been on the regular NHL roster for 29 days (cf capfriendly) since last clearing waivers. I think he needs to be sent down today or he would have to clear waivers again. I checked in the CBA, his two days as an emergency recall don't count (Sec. 13.5 (i)).

I knew his time was running out soon

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
So if we send down Hutch today he doesn't need waivers but if we wait it all he will? Damn, sounds like he's going down then. I'm not sure how I like that, he's been real good in his 2 starts and dynamite in the AHL, might actually prefer him to Mason. That being said, don't want to lose him on waivers and carrying 3 goalies isn't ideal. Bit of a dilemma but I suspect he will be sent down.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Our capologist might have a different idea

$5,251,641 projected cap space remaining

$5,062,500 potential bonus'

Less than $200,000 from the cap limit. With Mason back, Hutch will be reassigned some time today.

Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 10.52.00 AM.png

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
So if we send down Hutch today he doesn't need waivers but if we wait it all he will? Damn, sounds like he's going down then. I'm not sure how I like that, he's been real good in his 2 starts and dynamite in the AHL, might actually prefer him to Mason. That being said, don't want to lose him on waivers and carrying 3 goalies isn't ideal. Bit of a dilemma but I suspect he will be sent down.

With rosters frozen I doubt anyone can make a waiver claim.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
$5,251,641 projected cap space remaining

$5,062,500 potential bonus'

Less than $200,000 from the cap limit. With Mason back, Hutch will be reassigned some time today.

View attachment 102595

Pro-rated cap space would be 1,066,067 under the ceiling + max bonuses.
So with our current 27-man roster (last game's playing 20 + Lowry, Dano, Tanev, Matthias, Trouba, Enstrom, Mason), we could at this point afford one more recall, but not two without carrying bonuses over.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Wasn't Hutch on Emergency Recall the whole time? If Mason was on IR, and the team needs to dress 2 goalies, I don't see how it's not. As soon as Mason's back from his conditioning assignment and put on the active roster, Hutch gets sent down immediately.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Wasn't Hutch on Emergency Recall the whole time? If Mason was on IR, and the team needs to dress 2 goalies, I don't see how it's not. As soon as Mason's back from his conditioning assignment and put on the active roster, Hutch gets sent down immediately.

We've been through this.

- his original recall was emergency
- he was sent back to the Moose and played in the ASG
- he was subsequently recalled to replace Comrie who was sent down at the same time
- the second recall was by choice and does not meet emergency recall criteria

No mention of emergency in his official second recall notice. It was noted the first time.

Jets recall Michael Hutchinson

Winnipeg, MB - The Winnipeg Jets announced today they have recalled goaltender Michael Hutchinson from the Manitoba Moose. The Jets subsequently assigned goaltender Eric Comrie to the Manitoba Moose.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Pro-rated cap space would be 1,066,067 under the ceiling + max bonuses.
So with our current 27-man roster (last game's playing 20 + Lowry, Dano, Tanev, Matthias, Trouba, Enstrom, Mason), we could at this point afford one more recall, but not two without carrying bonuses over.

Where does one find pro rated cap space? Would be good to know.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Where does one find pro rated cap space? Would be good to know.

"current cap space" via capfriendly equals "projected cap space" times the prorating factor (total days in season / days remaining).

So our prorated cap space below the lowered cap ceiling that takes max bonuses into accounts is
(Upper Limit - Projected Cap Hit - Potential Performance Bonuses) * (Current Cap Space / Projected Cap Space) = $1,066,067
This means that we could add a player with an AAV of $1,066,067 today and keep him for the rest of the season without carrying over bonuses (assuming that no other roster transactions are made throughout the rest of the season). Sending Hutchinson down today increases that number by $1,025,000 (the buryable amount of cap on Hutchinson's contract).

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Stats 2 goals in 3 games with Laine and Ehlers, Copp 0 goals in 9-10 games with Laine and Ehlers, talent always rises to the top and skilled guys can always shine, no talent is just that, no talent!

Reactions: Scheifelaine

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Stats 2 goals in 3 games with Laine and Ehlers, Copp 0 goals in 9-10 games with Laine and Ehlers, talent always rises to the top and skilled guys can always shine, no talent is just that, no talent!

And people a seriously worried about losing him in a expansion draft, next to glue the most easily replaceable forward on this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad