GDT: Jets vs. Preds - Round 2 - Game 5 - May 5th, 8:30 pm - barebones

Status
Not open for further replies.

folix

Jul 24, 2011
It was a brilliant move to Laviolette to bait Maurice’s into keeping Hendricks in and keeping us a 3 line team for an extra game.

Was it really a brilliant move? Or just taking advantage of the kid on the short bus kinda thing?

SM17

Nov 25, 2005

Love when Buff demonstrates his strength. Like the one time it took 3 Stars players to bring him down.

giphy.gif

tumblr_inline_ofom4htrIm1rlqqgx_500.gif

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Interesting so Fiala back in now.

This is going to be the biggest game of Jets 2.0 up until now.

A 100% absolute must win game if we want to put the Preds on their heels. We need to go into their barn and get a decisive victory. No room for failure here.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
The trap last game was brutal, and maybe one of the most frustrating thing I saw all season. I hope Maurice has a better game plan, because I can see them employing that again if they go up 2 on us.We need all hands on deck. I’ve started my clench as soon as I woke up today.

#freefrenchie #EhlersConnorWhereAreTheGoals

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
The ugly but disciplined win in Game 1, the Scheifele tying goal to make it OT in Game 2 and the comeback in Game 3 give me a lot of hope for this team now. Nashville did what they had to do in Game 4 - their defence was spectacular and frustrating - but Jets still got it within 1 goal of winning that game (late in the 3rd) makes me think even if we lose tonight we can make the comeback in 6 and 7. But would love the see Jets make it easy on themselves (and the fans) and take this one.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I was wrong about the Jets and have to recognize it. I called them playoff chokers for YEARS here and this year i thought the same but the team has CLEARLY showed i was wrong. Hats off to the Jets for building such a competitive team and I should have seen this coming. Sorry if I offended any Jets fans with my incorrect POV prior to the playoffs

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Apprently Helle came on for 5 mins for some shots. Which is rare for him. Hoping he just decided to mix it up and is not just testing an injury

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Wiebe thinks Armia and Perreault are in, Hendricks and Roslovic out.

Make this happen...

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ehlers-Stastny-Laine
Copp-Lowry-Tanev
Perreault-Little-Armia

I could see Maurice do this, which might be okay...

Tanev-Lowry-Little
Perreault-Copp-Armia

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Interesting so Fiala back in now.

This is going to be the biggest game of Jets 2.0 up until now.

A 100% absolute must win game if we want to put the Preds on their heels. We need to go into their barn and get a decisive victory. No room for failure here.

No the biggest game for Jets 2.0 was the one in which they won series one.
No non elimination/eliminate game comes close.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
No the biggest game for Jets 2.0 was the one in which they won series one.
No non elimination/eliminate game comes close.

This has much more massive impilications than that game did. We were up 3-1. This is a 2-2 series game 5 that could be a major deciding factor until the next game which has even bigger implications.

aj8000

Jun 5, 2010
I have the jets in six as my guess. even with the losses, I have a good feeling they will win the next two games.

Reactions: Georgetown Al

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Wiebe thinks Armia and Perreault are in, Hendricks and Roslovic out.

Make this happen...

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ehlers-Stastny-Laine
Copp-Lowry-Tanev
Perreault-Little-Armia

I could see Maurice do this, which might be okay...

Tanev-Lowry-Little
Perreault-Copp-Armia
I really have no idea why CLT has not been a thing. Holy smokes, they are a 60+% Corsi line.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
If they get a lead they’ll trap.

It will be interesting to see how Maurice rolls his lines and D pairs to counter Laviolette’s heavy matching.
Won't have to worry if we ice optimal lineup. I prefer flow over heavy matching, find in the end it's best for player confidence.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
We’ve had two grand opportunities to really back the Preds into a corner; game 2 would have put them down 2-0 headed back to Winnipeg and game 4 would have put the Preds down 3-1. These were ideal scenarios I was hoping to see play out as the series went along but I keep reminding myself the Preds are the #1 team in the NHL, they went to the finals a year ago so this was never meant to be easy.

Would be nice to see the Jets come out tonight with a killer instinct to their game. Three games remain and if we don’t want a 7 game series ending one way or another in Nashville, then we must win tonight and go back to Winnipeg up 3-2 giving ourselves the opportunity to close things out on home ice.
This. And I wanna see killer instinct on the special teams plz and thx.

Reactions: Guerzy

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Pre-game audio:
Jets - Wheeler, Perreault, Lowry, Morrissey and Myers

Coach Maurice scrum topics: Finally having a healthy roster. What does it mean for the Jets? Impact of a player like Mathieu Perreault? On why Hellebuyck took part in morning skate today. Roster adjustments. How much coaching is involved in getting the team ready for game 5? On how the young players have handled the seven-game experience. No clean slate. Animated chat with Mark Scheifele. How big a role will tweaks factor in? Does this feel like a coaching duel? Is this what he expected from Paul Stastny? His thoughts on the "lick seen around the world".

Preds - Elkholm, Subban and coach Laviolette.

To listen click here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad