GDT: Jets vs Preds Round 2 - Game 4 - May 3rd, 8:30pm - "Rat in a Cage"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
First in & with the GDT thread up, the Pre-Game Talk will close soon. May as well bring this over here.

Saw that Perreault may return tonight. If so I'd suggest Maurice will run:

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ehlers-Stastny-Laine
Perreault Little Roslovic
Copp-Lowry-Tanev

One piece of the optimal forward line-up is missing in Armia. I'd think the best move is to change that one piece of the puzzle.

I've missed a lot of the practice talk. Any insight as to how Maurice ran things the last few days?

ps. A picture of Phoebe Cates from just a few frames later in the movie would have been very nice!

A few frames later and my GDT likely gets taken down... ;)

Sir Erdinger

Jul 24, 2012
Manitoba
I woke up this morning and immediately thought. “Is it game time yet!?” Blast this 8:30 start. It’s going to be a looooooong day. So far I’ve either been in attendance or working every home game. First game I’ll get to enjoy from my couch. Yes I’m actually excited. Go Jets Go!

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Stellar GDT Zham! I have a feeling Roslo draws out if MP85 is ready to go, hope I'm wrong.

Jets are limited with amount of right shooting forwards they have. With Armia still out, healthy scratching Roslovic would drop the team is down to four right shooting forwards.

Further Jack & Matt play different positions. It's Hendricks that'll be sitting if Frenchie is ready.

Reactions: Gotaf7

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Stellar GDT Zham! I have a feeling Roslo draws out if MP85 is ready to go, hope I'm wrong.

No chance Hendricks stays in over Roslovic.
This is a fast series and Hendricks and his walker will be in the press box.
Maybe if Hendricks hadn't had his worst game as a Jet in game 2.
Even the TSN 1290 crew who have avoided criticizing him all year have been dumping on him and talking about how the Jets need to get him out of the lineup.
He hasn't had a single good shift in any of these games.

At least during the season he would have moments.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Great GDT again.

Huge game tonight. I feel like the winner tonight probably wins the series.

I'd really like to see the Jets tighten up the gap in the neutral zone (it got better as game 3 went on), and to pressure a bit more in the D zone. Seems like sometimes the Jets let the Preds skate around without pressure sometimes. Especially when the puck moves to the point. Our forwards don't attack the D, whereas Preds forwards really seem to be on our D much faster.

Also a big key will be to win the puck battles along the wall, and to make sure not to turn pucks over in the neutral zone leading to odd man rushes.

Go Jets Go!

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Good job once again Zhamnov , Nick Cage was a A list actor for a little while now not so much . Him and Subban could do a movie together with all the over acting they do . :laugh: Frenchie the vampire will suck whatever life the Preds have left right out of them tonight . :nod:

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
A win tonight will be huge! It will not only mean who the likely series winner will be but also will mean clearing the president's cup winner away, leaving the way open for us to THE cup as well!

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Back them into a corner tonight. If the Preds aren’t thinking it now with what could easily be a 3-0 series deficit, a loss tonight making it 3-1 will surely hurt their mental game into thinking there’s realistically no way they’re going to come back to beat this Jets team.

With that being said, the Jets have to come out tonight with the same momentum and mentality that seen them come back and demolish the Preds lead the other night. Go at the Preds hard and fast, take away their space, finish our checks and use our speed. Get to Rinne early and he’s likely yanked outta the net in no time. I think we’re already in his head. No question in my mind the Preds are coming to play tonight, coming to win and steal this game in Winnipeg and shift home ice back in their favor. Jets have to be ready to shut them down.

Gonna need a big game from Hellebuyck tonight.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
It's crazy how much adding perreault changes the bottom six.

Hoping for this tonight:

Copp-Lowry-tanev
Perreault-little-roslovic

Reactions: Gotaf7

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
6VWovuY.jpg

Awesome GDT Zham!! Now let's kick some Perdy Tat ***! Here's hoping for the rising of 4th line Jesus tonight. Ramen.

Klinger

I was saying Boourns
Aug 27, 2013
PEI
Jets beat the kitties with Hendricks in the lineup. Now Matty P replaces him? Sorry Preds fans, not this year.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
OMG Zhammers, your GDTs just keep getting better and better... thank you!!! :thumbu:

Do you know who has two thumbs and likes late starts? *points both thumbs to chest* Me! My brother-in-law gave me his ticket to tonight's game because he has an early appointment tomorrow morning... woooot! So now my only plan for tomorrow is to have a glorious Jets Win hangover!!!

We got this... Go Jets Go!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad