Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs. Panthers - Thursday @ 6:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reed Solomon

GO ✈'s GO
Jul 26, 2011
Winnipeg, Man.
I hate to be 'that guy' but moving away from our BDT's for the Habs game made me uneasy.

Need Bro power to get back on track!!!

I have something to get off my chest. On Montreal game day the only clean clothes I had left was a red shirt, and I didn't wear my Jets jersey. Whereas for the previous 3 games I did wear my Jets jersey (but not for the ottawa game)

But I will wear a blue shirt and my jersey tomorrow, so you can bank on a win.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Versteeg is still out, right? And Garrison is in Vancouver. Makes me feel a little better about the game. Hated the games in Florida last year though, always disappointments. A good win here will restore some confidence for TB. 2 out of 4 in Florida would be ok, 3 points out of 4 is even better, 4 is obviously perfect. Need the 2 points tomorrow if we think this team is a playoff team.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Versteeg is still out, right? And Garrison is in Vancouver. Makes me feel a little better about the game. Hated the games in Florida last year though, always disappointments. A good win here will restore some confidence for TB. 2 out of 4 in Florida would be ok, 3 points out of 4 is even better, 4 is obviously perfect. Need the 2 points tomorrow if we think this team is a playoff team.

I believe (but could be wrong) that Versteeg is back... not 100% sure...

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario

I heard Versteeg was back.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

Versteeg played the game against Tampa so unless he got injured again in that game, he is back

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Not sure where to post this, figured this is where the major talk would be.

How have Ponikarovski and Antropov looked? And if, the Jets fall out of the playoff race by the deadline, would they be traded and, if so, what would you be looking for in terms of pieces for one (or both)?

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com

How have Ponikarovski and Antropov looked? And if, the Jets fall out of the playoff race by the deadline, would they be traded and, if so, what would you be looking for in terms of pieces for one (or both)?

I covet some of your D... Want to send a top4 young one ;)

Haha but yes I really like both. They both cycle, board battle and forecheck well, and they fit our teams structure/coaching style very well.

I really hope we sign them both for 1-2 years this summer, and let Wellwood go, to form a 3rd line with hopefully a fully NHL ready +15lbs/powerskatingimproved Scheifele.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg

Both have done what we've expected of them. Both really consistent at this point in their careers. Probably a 2nd round pick for either one would be enough. Otherwise we'll probably just take our chances re-signing them.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I covet some of your D... Want to send a top4 young one ;)

Haha but yes I really like both. They both cycle, board battle and forecheck well, and they fit our teams structure/coaching style very well.

I really hope we sign them both for 1-2 years this summer and let Wellwood go for hopefully a fully NHL ready +15lbs/powerskatingimproved Scheifele for our third line.

Both have done what we've expected of them. Both really consistent at this point in their careers. Probably a 2nd round pick for either one would be enough. Otherwise we'll probably just take our chances re-signing them.

They would both be so perfect in our system. I was so pissed we let Poni go, he's so strong on the boards and plays a simple game that he fit in DeBoer's system so well.

One of the Devils best lines last year was Poni-Zubrus-Bernier, the puck possesion from those three was incredible. They shut down top lines like it was nobodies business by hemming them in their own zone.

Say, hypothetically, the Jets package those two together. The Devils have an abundance of NHL defenders. Fayne is probably our most valuable piece, along with Greene, but both are unlikely to be traded, very underrated pairing. Aside from Fayne, Larsson, and Harrold, the youngest is Greene at 30. Would something centered around Henrik Tallinder, prospect, and a pick suffice for the both of them? Would really strengthen our team.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
They would both be so perfect in our system. I was so pissed we let Poni go, he's so strong on the boards and plays a simple game that he fit in DeBoer's system so well.

One of the Devils best lines last year was Poni-Zubrus-Bernier, the puck possesion from those three was incredible. They shut down top lines like it was nobodies business by hemming them in their own zone.

Say, hypothetically, the Jets package those two together. The Devils have an abundance of NHL defenders. Fayne is probably our most valuable piece, along with Greene, but both are unlikely to be traded, very underrated pairing. Aside from Fayne, Larsson, and Harrold, the youngest is Greene at 30. Would something centered around Henrik Tallinder, prospect, and a pick suffice for the both of them? Would really strengthen our team.

I like Tallinder... he's like a mirror image of a slightly but not much better Hainsey (which means most people here might not like him :laugh:)...
I'm not sure we would unless we're falling apart for a #1 pick but if we had to take a prospect I'd be thinking:
Gelinas or Urbon?

Daynz

What!?!
Jan 2, 2012
Downtown
PS - why do my pics insert as a thumbnail all the time? Am i missing something???!

Do you copy the image location and use the image link? I was "saving images as" and attaching them. It resulted in a thumbnail too. Now I just copy the image location and use the postcard tab to link it instead.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I'm expecting a win here. The Cats are for some reason playing incredibly badly right now, and our guys should be coming out fired up after the sad effort up in Montreal.

So, 6-1 Florida, 1 goal by Kane and 6 goals by the Hains?:sarcasm:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

Tallinder is someone we would only want if we were in the hunt and had some D injuries. If we are out of it, we aren't going to trade old for old. We would most likely try to secure a prospect or picks.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg

We really need a LD to play long term with Bogosian. Hainsey is alright atm but he's UFA and won't be back without taking a pay cut. Tallinder would pretty much be exactly like Hainsey if he's 80% of the player he was in Buffalo's heydays. I'd have to look into Tallinder's recent history a lot closer though. He's only signed one more year eh..

On top of that, NJ can't trade their 1st rounder because they don't have one...The 2nd would HAVE to be included in a deal for both. We could probably use a prospect at FWD or DEF...whatever you think the value difference would be. They are 2/3 of our third line. They'd make any teams depth better.

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
I know how much you all look forward to my thoughts and predictions in the Pre game threads. But I think for this contest I'm going to try and play the element of surprise.

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Oh I see what you did there Garret.

Fine, I'll post it. But only in Spoiler tags so those who wish to wait until the GDT can enjoy:

[spoil]

SIKE!

YOU STILL HAVE TO WAIT!
[/spoil]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad