Not open for further replies.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
ehlers shief laine
connor little wheeler
perrault lowry tanev
lemuiex copp roslovic/petan

im praying they try this for the finland trip but i wont hold my breath having copp center the 4th will allow us to play it more than 5 minutes hopefully

Reactions: pateramus

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Sunday audio:

Player: Patrik Laine.

Coach Maurice: What is his goal for this week? On the progress he expects from Laine? Did he see what he wanted when he moved Laine with Lowry? Is there value to having Laine in Finland? What are the next couple of days like for him and the staff? Will he get together with the Florida staff? Has he been to Helsinki before? Selling the game globally. On the Leafs game and getting back to their identity.

GM Kevin Cheveldayoff: What does it mean for the Jets organization to be in Finland? What did he learn from the Blackhawks trip? On what it means for Patrik Laine to be in Finland? Is the disruption to the schedule worth it? On the work to get done. What he remembers the first time he watched Laine in Finland. What stood out about Laine’s game at that time? On the state of Laine’s game right now.

To listen click here.

Reactions: Guardian17

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Poolman recalled

Is a d-man hurt or no Vesalainen on the Finland trip?

Good lineup decisions, Maurice. Poolman is clearly better than Niku and boy, look at how that 4th line is humming since Lemmy replaced KV. :sarcasm:

It's two f***ing games, Maurice. Why not give the Finnish kids a chance to play an NHL game in their home country? Do you think maybe one reason the Jets were chosen by the league for this series was to showcase our Finnish talent? Instead, Armia is given away and two Finns who are arguably better than what we have are left at home.

f***ing Maurice makes me sick.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Forgot to Helly to the list (Ehlers, Laine and Wheeler) of guys to need to find their games on the European vacation, 18-19 Helly looking ever so much like 16-17 Helly dropping to his knees before every shot, something that he had corrected in the offseason of 17'!

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Good lineup decisions, Maurice. Poolman is clearly better than Niku and boy, look at how that 4th line is humming since Lemmy replaced KV. :sarcasm:

It's two ****ing games, Maurice. Why not give the Finnish kids a chance to play an NHL game in their home country? Do you think maybe one reason the Jets were chosen by the league for this series was to showcase our Finnish talent? Instead, Armia is given away and two Finns who are arguably better than what we have are left at home.

****ing Maurice makes me sick.

Yeah, pretty huge miss on this opportunity. The Finns would all be pumped to play in their home country, and I bet they would all perform tremendously.

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
For finns in the moment were a game Carolina vs Colorado a cream cake. Rantanen,Aho and Terävainen in top form. Barkov is okay and Laine i ve the feeling we must to watch games from Manitoba Moose in future. ;)!

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
"I've been waiting for this since I heard we were coming to play here last year," said Laine. "It's been the games that I've been waiting for since the season started. It's awesome to finally be here, be back home, and just be here."

Doesn't sound like Laine cared much about the first 12 games of the season and his play sure showed that....

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Comments are best when machine translated from English to Finnish and back to English. Or when said by Kimi Raikkonen.`

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
"I've been waiting for this since I heard we were coming to play here last year," said Laine. "It's been the games that I've been waiting for since the season started. It's awesome to finally be here, be back home, and just be here."

Doesn't sound like Laine cared much about the first 12 games of the season and his play sure showed that....

Well, let's hope he's done with his personal pre-season and starts playing like the star we hope he can be.

Reactions: sipowicz

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland

Translation to couple of parts where Laine talks about this season:

"I must admit it has been frustrating when I'm unable to create anything good on the ice. But the season is long"

"Now is a good time to show people that I'm not as bad as I have been lately. It would be nice to show value for finnish fans."

"Last season I started to play proprely in January. Compared to that, the season went pretty well. I won't take any pressure. Boys play in the fall, men play in the spring. Let's see who are still playing in May. That's where I'm aiming for."

Edit: to clarify, the quotes are from this article
Joukkuekaverit haukkuivat Suomen pystyyn – Patrik Laine puolusti kotimaataan: ”Melkein tuli tippa linssiin kun laskeuduttiin”

Last edited:

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

"I must admit it has been frustrating when I'm unable to create anything good on the ice. But the season is long"

"Now is a good time to show people that I'm not as bad as I have been lately. It would be nice to show value for finnish fans."

"Last season I started to play proprely in January. Compared to that, the season went pretty well. I won't take any pressure. Boys play in the fall, men play in the spring. Let's see who are still playing in May. That's where I'm aiming for."

So his buddy Ehlers is a boy!

Reactions: Laine Fan

Kratti

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006

Just so there are no misunderstandings here, these quotes are not from the linked article. In the linked article Laine just talks (jokingly) about how the Jets players intensely disliked the country on arrival and how that made him sad and other such non-hockey related matters. There's absolutely nothing about Laine's recent form, last season or anything like that.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Just so there are no misunderstandings here, these quotes are not from the linked article. In the linked article Laine just talks (jokingly) about how the Jets players intensely disliked the country on arrival and how that made him sad and other such non-hockey related matters. There's absolutely nothing about Laine's recent form, last season or anything like that.

Then where are the quotes from? Are they actually Laine quotes? I don't like the boys and men thing. AFAIC, men play the entire season, boys play when the mood suits them.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Hope to see Versa-Laine in the Jerts lineup for both games for all the difference Lemieux or Roslo have made this season.

I'm guessing Bro-swat gets one game but really should get both as Helly seems to be back in 16-17 form! But yeah Helly has the 24th best sv. % in the NHL this season so play him every game Mo!

PS If I sound PO'd with the Jets, yeah I am, angry and PO'd, Stanley Cup Contenders to Stanley Cup Pretenders!

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland

Oh lol I thought first it was the YLE article I read (didn't click the link only thought from the title)
the quotes are from this article:
Joukkuekaverit haukkuivat Suomen pystyyn – Patrik Laine puolusti kotimaataan: ”Melkein tuli tippa linssiin kun laskeuduttiin”

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

It's two ****ing games, Maurice. Why not give the Finnish kids a chance to play an NHL game in their home country? Do you think maybe one reason the Jets were chosen by the league for this series was to showcase our Finnish talent? Instead, Armia is given away and two Finns who are arguably better than what we have are left at home.

****ing Maurice makes me sick.

Versa-Laine was called up, Niku isn't better than anyone, and like you mention he isn't even the best D man on the Moose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad