Not open for further replies.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
1516JETS017_MTSCentre-VS-Graphics_620x330_TOR.jpg

At the very least, Jets will win this match up:

163580274_slide.jpg

... but the Jets finally have goaltending on their side ...

hellboy3-news.jpg

Sparks to face Hellebuyck in Maple Leafs vs. Jets

WINNIPEG -- The Toronto Maple Leafs and Winnipeg Jets each will start a goaltender owning one game of NHL experience when they meet at MTS Centre on Wednesday.

The Maple Leafs will start Garret Sparks, who shut out the Edmonton Oilers 3-0 in his NHL debut Monday. Connor Hellebuyck will be in net for the Jets after winning his NHL debut 3-1 against the Minnesota Wild on the road Nov. 27. Each of the American goaltenders is 22 years old.

Sparks went 8-2-1 in 11 games with Toronto of the American Hockey League with a 1.90 goals-against average and a .938 save percentage.

"I just want to settle in again, play my game and go out with the same mindset every game," Sparks said. "I want to give my team a chance to win and just do my job."

The past 48 hours for Sparks have been eventful.

"It has been hectic," Sparks said. "It has been exciting. It has been fun. It's more than I expected, and I'm just trying to enjoy it."

Goaltender James Reimer is nearing a return to the lineup from a lower-body injury, but Maple Leafs coach Mike Babcock elected to start Sparks.

"I think winning makes [everybody] feel better," Babcock said. "Any time that you get to play your first [NHL] game, and it goes well, I think it's a positive for the organization, for yourself, for your family, for the work that you put in.

"We all know that one game doesn't make your career, but you've got to start with one and get going from there. So he gets another opportunity. Good for him."

Hellebuyck was 2-7-1 with a 2.41 GAA and a .927 save percentage with Manitoba of the AHL.

"[Hellebuyck] has played a game in the NHL," Jets coach Paul Maurice said. "He deserved that game based on [having] a very good training camp, an excellent [2014-15] season, he went down and played very well [with Manitoba]. He's big, calm. The puck went where I think he wants it to go off shots. He has nice rebound control."

Hellebuyck faced 15 shots against Minnesota. Maurice expects a busier night against Toronto.

"We're going to see a little more," Maurice said. "They're going to put more pucks at the net. The style of the game, there is going to be more traffic to the front of the net. But for all of these young goaltenders that come in, you pass the first test, and you get the opportunity to get the second test."

Winnipeg is 3-8-1 since a 4-2 win at Toronto on Nov. 4, and Maurice continues to tinker with his lineup. Defenseman Ben Chiarot will return to the lineup after seven games as a healthy scratch. He will replace Adam Pardy on a pairing with Dustin Byfuglien.

Projected Lineups:

00-Jets2logos.gif

Forwards
Jets%2BForwards.tiff

Jets%2BD%2BPairings.tiff

Jets%2BGoalies.tiff

00-leafslogo.gif

Forwards
Leafs%2BForwards.tiff

Leafs%2BD.tiff

Leafs%2BGoalies.tiff

Team Match-Up:

Team%2BStats.tiff

Standings (the ones that matter at least):

Standings.tiff

GO :jets GO!

Things have been a bit rough lately, but ...

12489427.png

And may this thread by ERYX wreck the Jets tanking the way this real-life ERYX wrecked a real tank:

Derfel*

Decent GDT, fills the void in my life.

There's no reason the Jets can't walk away with this one.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Jets are favourites tonight on Bet365, paying 1.6:1 on the win vs 2.45:1 for the Leafs.

Jets -1.5 pays 2.75:1, Leafs +1.5 pays 1.47:1

Jets win by 5+ gets 15.5:1. Chintzy, no? Leafs win by 5+ gets a tidy 41:1.

I'd start by laying $$$ on the first goal being before the 9:30 mark of the first period. That one pays 1.8:1.

m.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Scheifele-over-centre-300x200.jpg

Afternoon Jets links: Home debut tonight for the Jets’ Hellebuyck? Hellebuyck to get second career start against the Leafs. If you build it, they will come (Really interesting Scheifele article). 5 things to watch as Jets battle it out with the low lying Leafs.

Click here.

Jets audio:

Illegal Curve: Coach Maurice pre-game scrum. Limiting the shots against. Leafs improvement. On the experimentation with the team structure. On the team playing together as one unit. How often is his starting goalie a gut decision? What has stood out to him about Connor’s demeanor?

To listen click here.

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
Jets are that much of a favorite? I'm guessing they haven't watched the last 10 of either teams haha.

First game in awhile, hopefully they learned something.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Come OOOOOOOONNNNN JETS , lets start looking a little like last season's team !! Out work the laughs and show the media just how life would be if the laughs played in the Central !! GO Hellboy GO !!

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
If we're losing this game by the last five minutes of the 3rd, I'll go warm up the tank. Maybe we should install a remote starter.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
A couple guys to watch are Rielly and Komarov. Also, Phaneuf has been exceptional, so watch him too.

Who are some guys we should watch from the jets?

Definitely Ehlers, maybe Burmistrov since he seems to be either very good or not good, Wheeler and Byfuglien should be good, obviously the goalie as well - 2nd ever game

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Let us all take a second and remember that Leafs game where Buff single-handedly destroyed them... and hope for a repeat :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad