Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Islanders Oct 12 12:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
This team use to be a disaster in afternoon games, I think that was mostly because Pavelec was a disaster in afternoon games. I can't really recall last years afternoon games without looking. I just remember the ones from 2-3 years ago

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Good thing we're winning all these games so far. Of the 9 games played by central division teams, they've won 7. Tough competition.

Central is insane this year. Will be even more competitive then last year. We can't afford even early in the season to drop games to clear non playoff teams.

Byefooglien

Siberia West
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Central is insane this year. Will be even more competitive then last year. We can't afford even early in the season to drop games to clear non playoff teams.

I have more confidence in this team than in prior years. Not only because we proved that we could make the dance in this murder-of-a-division last season, but because this roster is more skilled (Ehlers, Petan) than in the past.

Hell, even Burmi has more of that skill element than Frolik. It's what we sorely missed last year in the first round......the lack of a game-breaker who could match Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler.

SoupaTroupa

WHY NOT US?
Jan 8, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Well I hope the Jets follow through on that tradition.

:laugh: :handclap: That's hilarious, and I hope you are right!

I actually don't mind the early games. We don't have to wait around all day to watch and it gives me something to do on an otherwise boring afternoon (other than laundry)

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I just hope they aren't enjoying themselves too much :partytime: on a saturday night in NYC

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
7am on a Monday morning? Piss off.

Edit: Nope make that 6am, unless you guys have just changed your clocks.

No, we don't change our clocks for a few weeks (first Sunday in November - which is Nov. 1 this year).

Are Jets games usually in the afternoon there? That's not so bad...

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I just hope they aren't enjoying themselves too much :partytime: on a saturday night in NYC

Yeah...this was what I was thinking. Would imagine its some of these guys first times in the big Apple. Probably feeling pretty good after a couple 'easy' wins...

leafster7

Leafs and Jets fan
May 12, 2010
Toronto
I'm actually starting to have a good feeling about this team. Scheifele is stepping up to be the player that he was projected to be. Ehlers...I just can't say enough (imagine him in 3-4 years, damn). The Jets have a solid first line. Trouba and Myers are going to be at the back end for many years to come.

Let's steamroll the teams ahead.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Yeah...this was what I was thinking. Would imagine its some of these guys first times in the big Apple. Probably feeling pretty good after a couple 'easy' wins...

Those guys are too young to drink anyway. Not many have had this much free time in NYC on a road trip though. Well they can always sweat it out at practice tomorrow ;)

SoupaTroupa

WHY NOT US?
Jan 8, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
This team use to be a disaster in afternoon games, I think that was mostly because Pavelec was a disaster in afternoon games. I can't really recall last years afternoon games without looking. I just remember the ones from 2-3 years ago

It's a Holiday here (Thanksgiving) so it's not that bad. If it was a regular work day I'm sure we'd be little more fired up about it.

Oops I quoted the wrong post! That was meant for GJF.

wow that IS really early and ON A MONDAY??? for you guys. I feel for you :(

SoupaTroupa

WHY NOT US?
Jan 8, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Those guys are too young to drink anyway. Not many have had this much free time in NYC on a road trip though. Well they can always sweat it out at practice tomorrow ;)

I would imagine they have a pretty early curfew tonight so they shouldn't get too out of hand. Last night may have been a different story though. :naughty:

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Jets Have to beat the Islanders and strike quickly so they can role 4 lines at a latter part of the game.

Rangers is clicking also that will be a dog fight.

GO JETS GO

Schiefele with 3 games goal streak and Ehlers potting his first!

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
No, we don't change our clocks for a few weeks (first Sunday in November - which is Nov. 1 this year).

Are Jets games usually in the afternoon there? That's not so bad...

Yeah, they usually start anywhere from midday to 3pm for me. It's quite handy really.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Rangers are really rolling early so I am looking forward to seeing our team get stress tested at the next level. We were better structurally against NJ but there is a ways to go still.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Islanders are no pushover. I hope we can pull this off.

Slightly off topic, but I've heard the move to Brooklyn has not been smooth for the Isles. The team tried to do what the Jets did, in terms of pricing tickets, and could not even sellout their season opener, and that included thousands of Blackhawks fans. Word is the team may have to incorporate the word "Brooklyn" and possibly even change the colours of their uniforms to black, in order to drum up fan interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad