Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Flyers - Sat Mar 10 12:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Now Kuli out? I was hoping it was something minor and he wouldn't miss any games. I guess now I just hope it isn't D2D. We need him back before the PO's start. ****!

Calendal

May 16, 2016
London, England
Ahh, prime time Jets for us Finns, with Finnish casting & Studio. I'm ready.

When I didn’t watch much NHL I liked their crews but now I’ve really grown to like these Finnish studios. I feel most NHL commentators speak very slowly, not sure if there’s any truth to that.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
They're still primarily a one line team, with their bottom 6 not scoring a significant goal in the last 7-8 games. However, that one line is _very_ good. Nolan Patrick has been heating up as of late, and they just recently got Wayne Simmonds back from injury. This isn't the same team that we met back in November. I sense a loss here.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Not feeling great about this one. The Jets are really banged up and are pretty safe in the playoff race. Flyers will be desperate.

Jets need to stay out of the box and get good goaltending to compete.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Not feeling great about this one. The Jets are really banged up and are pretty safe in the playoff race. Flyers will be desperate.

I don't think they'll be desperate. They're first in the Metro, or at least one point from first. They haven't locked a spot up, but their chances of making it are pretty certain at this point.

Edit: Huh. A lot changed in the 6 days I last saw them. They're on a 5-game losing streak. That can't feel good.

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
I think Philly is going to be hungry for a win and desperate to turn things around. However we really seem to rally when people get hurt. I'm looking for the wheeler and little lines to have a good game. Also think that philly will be putting all they can out there to stop Laine and not become another weekend highlight reel victim. Good game aaaa coming!

sure wish dallas would start stringing some wins together and get ahead of Minn.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Who here agrees that Poolman should draw in before Morrow?
Me. I think the Jets also like Poolman more than Morrow. I think some of it is about Poolman being developed for next season, though I would see him as depth for the playoffs too. I like him a lot more than Morrow.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Who here agrees that Poolman should draw in before Morrow?

He was a bit unlucky to have the recent injury bug happen just after he was sent down. It's a bit of a numbers game now. The Jets might only have one recall left from the Moose.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I have the impression Aavco that you are retired. Maybe I'm wrong but in my books that gives you the green light to crack one open before noon now and again :nod:

Well then I'm wasted before our normal afternoon happy hour ;)

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Agree with others that this is going to be a tough one. Seems to me the Jets have had a lot of day time games against Philly the last several years and they never go well IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad