IMG_3485.jpg

IMG_3486.jpg

IMG_3487.jpg

IMG_3488.jpg

TV - Sportsnet One CITY

Last edited:

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
I'm glad Petan is in the lineup but why did he not go to the LW or even C so we didn't have to knock our best bottom 6 Forward down a line(Armia).

Petan Lowry Armia would be a really good 3rd Line, Copp Petan Armia would be amazed by the amazing though.

I'm really getting tired of Maurice keeping Laine on the right, yes he's a bit more reliable defensively on the Right but he's absolutely lethal on the left when it comes to scoring(I mean the only two Goals we got against the Leafs he was there lurking on the left or setting the play up from the Left, plus he's more accurate there). Personally I don't know what made Maurice move him to the right against the Leafs(there was no indication of him playing bad there in the pre-season, in fact he was pretty much the best player in the league pre-season wise when he was playing LW).

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
My torch and pitchfork is ready. We've been through how bad the bottom 6 is in the PGT so I won't bring that up again. I am guessing Gulutzen matches the Backlund line against the Scheifele line. The Flames 3rd line (which happens to be a skilled scoring line like everyone in the league is doing except for us) can cause matchup problems esp with the Jet killer Versteeg himself of on it. Flames 4th line is terrible, hopefully the Jets can take advantage of that. Hope the Jets top-6 can score enough. Hoping for a Nic Petan hattrick

Tanner Glass will be looking to drop the gloves off the first faceoff he is on for considering the Flames' last game, if we still had Thorburn a fight would have been guaranteed.

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
I don't get the bottom six lineups at all. Petan, known to be a good setup guy with sweet saucers... stick him with 2 stonehands?? The other is clear.. why tanev.

why deny us the ESL line!? why!?
anyways still just happy enough to have the jets back!

*c'mooon maurice experiment with this bullshit during practice ice the best team possible plz.. no 4a-4b bottom six bullshit*

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik will be a f***ing nightmare for any line that is matched up against it.

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
Calgary signed Glass to a contract instead of keeping Jankowski

The NHL is such an awful league
Sometimes it's a good reminder that our management isn't the only one making seemingly stupid lineup decisions.

Fehr on the Leafs
Glass on the Flames
Reaves on the Penguins
85% of what Vegas does*

There's probably many more examples but I don't know other teams well enough to know their situations.

*Seemingly does not apply to Vegas, it's just straight stupidity.

Reactions: Dayofthedogs

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik will be a ****ing nightmare for any line that is matched up against it.
It's funny, pretty sure Matthias-Lowry-Armia was a similarly built line with how they played, just with 0 threat of scoring

Last edited:

Jeffsrig

Jan 27, 2015
Innisfail
That's about as defensively responsible as you could make all 4 lines IMO, that's the only reason I could justify moving Armia down and slotting Petan in. I suspect Mo is rotating the three question marks to see who he want to keep in the lineup or maybe he is planning on rotating them all season but I don't read any more into it than that. I also completely expect him to try and roll 4 lines again with 1&2 17 - 23m and 2&4 5-10 minutes.

Trouba and Kulikov is not a good sign for Trouba, Myers was impressive and deserves to play ahead of him.

Expect to see a 200ft effort and a lot of body contact from everyone tonight, Calgary is going to be hungry as well and Mike Smith was a wall last game aside from the 2 times he got McDavided.

Goalies....... flip a coin, something tells me Mason will be starting again.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Mason should absolutely start this game. What message do you send him by benching him for this game after the catastrophe that was the first one, especially when most of the blame should not have been on him?

kunekune

Feb 17, 2016
Why Laine is playing with Perreault & Little? That's f***ing stupid.

Waiting for Maurice to be fired.

Jeffsrig

Jan 27, 2015
Innisfail
Mason should absolutely start this game. What message do you send him by benching him for this game after the catastrophe that was the first one, especially when most of the blame should not have been on him?

Status quo Mo Goalie Rotation that's why, the only reason I see Mason starting is because of the bolded.

Jeffsrig

Jan 27, 2015
Innisfail
Why Laine is playing with Perreault & Little? That's ****ing stupid.

Waiting for Maurice to be fired.

Laine&Ehlers = Pinned in the Defensive Zone

Laine&Sheifele = Easy Matchups For Opposition

Maybe:
Laine-Little-Wheeler (Sacrificing Sheif/Wheeler combo)
Pereault-Sheif-Ehlers

kunekune

Feb 17, 2016
Laine&Ehlers = Pinned in the Defensive Zone

Laine&Sheifele = Easy Matchups For Opposition

Maybe:
Laine-Little-Wheeler (Sacrificing Sheif/Wheeler combo)
Pereault-Sheif-Ehlers

Nope, Laine-Schef-Wheeler.

Just like Maurice was screaming in preseason.

But because he is a joke I'm not ever surprised he changed the lines for the first game of the season. And now again for the 2nd game of the season.

Little should be nowhere near Laine.

Jeffsrig

Jan 27, 2015
Innisfail

But because he is a joke I'm not ever surprised he changed the lines for the first game of the season. And now again for the 2nd game of the season.

I'm not saying it's out of the question I'm just giving you a reason (because you asked) why he's there.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario

I like Laine and Little better then Ehlers and Little. I would like

Perreault- Scheifele- Laine
Ehlers- Little- Wheeler

Little and Wheeler are great together, but being the best 2 defensive players Maurice does not like it. Like it or not Scheifele was floating last game and got caught looking to break out too early for a rush. Little never does that. If Laine wants to be a top end superstar he needs to be able to do it away from Scheifele, what happens if he is injured? Besides I don't think a 20+ goal scorer and 50-60 point Little is a scrub like some fans talk about him as

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Maurice is working really hard to get Laine NOT signing an extension when RFA. This line-juggling every game and playing Laine on his wrong side is stupid. Cant you really let the guys glue for once? if your linemates change for every f***ing game, how do you suppose their teamplay improves? How on earth does Maurice still have a job?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Aavco the rise together torches and pitchforks gif is absolutely brilliant.......I was laughing out loud.

This Alberta swing is traditionally a time we like to look like garbage and that was back when both Calgary and Edmonton sucked. My optimism meter is a tad low this morning but hockey is a weird game so we’ll see.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I want Ehlers , Schef and Laine together and leave it alone , the kid line . Then i would put Little with Wheeler and Frenchie , the vet line . That would also be my PP 1 and PP 2 , this would give the PP's better chemistry .

Reactions: HPsauce
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad