Michael-Hutchinson-at-practice-300x200.jpg

Post-skate audio: Lipon and Burmistrov.

To listen click here.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach-Maurice-in-Calgary-300x205.jpg

Coach Maurice scrum: Status of Byfuglien. What did the defence do well last night? Getting Burmistrov's game to where he wants it to be? What did he see from Paul Postma yesterday? The season Tobias Enstrom has had for the Jets. How does he quantify the value in Enstrom (despite the offence decreasing but improved defence). On the Flames. On having a goalie rotation. Is it more difficult to evaluate the group at this point in the season?

To listen click here.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Coach-Maurice-in-Calgary-300x205.jpg

Coach Maurice scrum: Status of Byfuglien. What did the defence do well last night? Getting Burmistrov's game to where he wants it to be? What did he see from Paul Postma yesterday? The season Tobias Enstrom has had for the Jets. How does he quantify the value in Enstrom (despite the offence decreasing but improved defence). On the Flames. On having a goalie rotation. Is it more difficult to evaluate the group at this point in the season?

To listen click here.

Maurice just referred to a bunch of "advanced stats" in describing how good Enstrom is in things like "shots", "shots for in the red zone", "shots against / in the red zone", "zone exits". He also made it clear that they look "with and without Enstrom".

Obviously, someone on the Jets staff is pulling together stats, and not just the ones you can find on public sites.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Maurice just referred to a bunch of "advanced stats" in describing how good Enstrom is in things like "shots", "shots for in the red zone", "shots against / in the red zone", "zone exits". He also made it clear that they look "with and without Enstrom".

Obviously, someone on the Jets staff is pulling together stats, and not just the ones you can find on public sites.

I know at least one other NHL organization that tracks score chances from the red zone and places a pretty high priority on it.

White Out 403*

Strange for me to miss both Jets games in Calgary. It's on tv, High def, and I need to relax

Tonyuno

Jul 12, 2014
On an island
So tomorow I will be at a friends house, who has Flames seasons tickets despite living small Gulf island. So who do I cheer for?, a higher draft chance or a Jets win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad