Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
It's a new day
A new game

Lets turn this around and hammer the fish people.

Go Jets Go
FB_IMG_1571273232970.jpg

Nice weather out we should be happy :)

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Are you sure about this? What was the Sens record in comparison?
No Ottawa is worse. But sinse the end of January till now they are a .500 team almost 40 games. That's not a small sample size. You can even go back to Jan 15th .500 team since then.

Last edited:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
No Ottawa is worse. But sinse the end of January till now they are a .500 team almost 40 games. That's not a small sample size.
No but it is not near the worst record in hockey. It is much closer to mid range and a bubble team that some people realized we would drop down to after we had to start paying our young stars second contracts not ELCs. No longer can we fit a $5.5 M player on the 3rd pairing when you are paying 2nd line wingers $7 M. Relief will come when the top prospects can make a difference while still on their ELCs.

Reactions: Jets 31

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
No but it is not near the worst record in hockey. It is much closer to mid range and a bubble team that some people realized we would drop down to after we had to start paying our young stars second contracts not ELCs. No longer can we fit a $5.5 M player on the 3rd pairing when you are paying 2nd line wingers $7 M. Relief will come when the top prospects can make a difference while still on their ELCs.
.500 teams are not bubble teams they miss the playoffs every year. In our last 45 games with buff trouba Myers chiarot in for 35 of them this team is .500 team. Someone commented that letestu bitetto and bourque not playing would help. Dont thing anything will help this team they seem to be on a downward spiral.

Reactions: hn777

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
.500 teams are not bubble teams they miss the playoffs every year. In our last 45 games with buff trouba Myers chiarot in for 35 of them this team is .500 team. Someone commented that letestu bitetto and bourque not playing would help. Dont thing anything will help this team they seem to be on a downward spiral.

Well, I'll be at the game and since this is Optimistober, I think that's enough to get us a win tomorrow night and unleash the Scarlett Happy Dance once I get home. :nod:

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
It’s just Game 9. Not even remotely a “must win”.

Its always

A must win in the Jets board :naughty:

If you follow closely

Though there is a level

Must win
Seriously must win
Jumping of the ledge must win

We need to win, 3 game losing streak is not good.
Losing will happen but we need to minimize or dont have long stretch of losing streak.
Its how most team get behind from the pack or stay within the pack.

:popcorn:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I kind of like Roslovic with Copp and Lowry , gives that line some offensive play making ability .

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
It seems like we are on a downward spiral because being 4-4 has brought out the doom and gloom crowd in all their glory. Ignoring that in all likelihood our defence will look very different once we are healthy and we have Buff or at least his cap space back. I've bought in al along this was a bit of a step back year as we adjust to having to pay our young stars their grownup salaries but thinking we will be among the cellar dwellers is either wishful thinking by it is always best to tank contingent or ignoring how much talent is actually on this team.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Looking forward to seeing Little without Laine on his line.

second line lies a lot on Ehlers. If Ehlers is going like he has a few games this year and getting entries and showing patience they should be fine. Little is fine enough in our end and on the forecheck, Connor is good in tight. I expect Little to need a game to adjust. If we get an off Ehlers then its just a line with no drivers or guys that can make plays. I just wish if both top lines didn't work we would see Wheeler and Little and not the Maurice obvious. But asking for 55-26 split has become just as old/tiring as Maurice and his line juggling of just swapping Laine with Ehlers

Reactions: hn777
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad