Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Ducks - Thu Jan 25 9:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I can accept a loss here, obviously would prefer a win, but we've already got more points in these 4 games before the break than I thought we would.

I'm greedier. Plus this year we lost going into Christmas break and we lost going into Bye Week. I'd like a more positive vibe this time.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Is there a decent app that one can access hfboards through, instead of my phone browser? It finally happened, hfboards was blocked at my work after years of going unnoticed ha

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Player audio: Kyle Connor, Jacob Trouba, Connor Hellebuyck and Jack Roslovic.

Coach Maurice scrum topics: Update on Enstrom/Kulikov. Swapping out Kyle Connor/Jack Roslovic. How does he manage the emotions of a Kyle Connor when he gets bumped down to the 4th line? Any thoughts of putting Joel Armia into that top 6? Does he like getting the All-Star break now? Does he wish that Hellebuyck/Wheeler weren't going so they could rest? Hellebuyck goes tomorrow? The Poolman recall? Further clarity on Enstrom. Update on Lowry.

To listen click here.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Is there a decent app that one can access hfboards through, instead of my phone browser? It finally happened, hfboards was blocked at my work after years of going unnoticed ha

The new site is device specific so I doubt changing your browser will affect how it's displayed.

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Looking forward to see Connor on 4th line instead of Tanev. Tanev has so much more to offer. Nice freebie for Roslovic btw. I'm really falling in love with these logical choices.

I agree Armia is needed right where he is though.

Last edited:

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Maurice says Kulikov is possible tomorrow. Says the same about Enstrom. Did he block a shot on the foot yesterday?

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Helle Tomorrow and Hutch against Tampa. Maurice said he wouldn't expect to play Helle in that game after all that travel

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian

Hopefully Kuli gets some appropriate head gear.
40f9c282055bbadac296b71b5935240f--russian-astronaut-space-posters.jpg

(not my original idea - can't recall who came up with this..)

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Roslo has been good, but once he was on that top line he was getting exposed a bit. Seems the NHL is still a bit too fast for him. Connor has been struggling also with top line duties so I dunno.

Reactions: Jets2point0

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
What's up with Lowry?

I think they think it’s better to keep him out till after the all star break. It’s not worth bringing him back till 110%.

We are winning and collecting points without him, and giving Roslovic a chance to show us if he’s ready for the NHL, I know I wouldn’t let him back a second to soon.

I think that these injuries to Scheif and Lowry will have some positives to them. They will be rested for the final push, plus they might have been the caveat to realizing another high end prospect is ready to contribute full time.

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Geez another late one on school nite
I predicted 5-3 on the San Jose game for us.
I’ll say 4-2 Jets

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
I think they think it’s better to keep him out till after the all star break. It’s not worth bringing him back till 110%.

We are winning and collecting points without him, and giving Roslovic a chance to show us if he’s ready for the NHL, I know I wouldn’t let him back a second to soon.

I think that these injuries to Scheif and Lowry will have some positives to them. They will be rested for the final push, plus they might have been the caveat to realizing another high end prospect is ready to contribute full time.

If you have depth in your organization injuries are opportunities. Scheif didn't "become" a 1C until he was forced into it, and then it became clear that he was the superior player to Little and things never went back. A player I really want to see get top line duties is Armia because I still think there is a lot of skill and puck protection there and he might work well with Scheifele or Little in the cycle game.

Reactions: Eyeseeing
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad