Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Canucks - Thur Oct 12 - 9:00 CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
After how brutal our first two games were, andcoming off a nice win the other night, I wouldn't change a thing headed into next game. Exact same line-up, please.

Yup. No reason to change anything. Buff can fish and ride the press box until the team plays a really bad game.

civic204

Jun 1, 2012
I think it's 50/50 Buff is actually injured.

I don't think Petan is going to be scratched in his hometown, but you never know. He isn't showing much. Would like to see Dano/Copp/Petan get a few more games together.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I doubt Maurice changes the line-up... he seldom does after a win. Only likely change would be Buff in for Poolman, if Buff is healthy.

But, I recommend...

Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler - looking like the best line in the NHL again. Keep it going for now.
Perreault-Little-Laine - started to look much better as the Edmonton game went on. Little still doesn't see Laine when he's in soft areas - he needs to watch some game tape to figure it out.
Tanev-Lowry-Dano - Dano gets a chance to put away all the chances created by Lowry and Tanev that Matthias has been muffing. Matthias gets to work on the Tooter-Shooter.
Petan-Copp-Armia - reunite a line that was very good, but has been seldom used. Armia goes back to the PK, and plays with some snort.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
I doubt Maurice changes the line-up... he seldom does after a win. Only likely change would be Buff in for Poolman, if Buff is healthy.

But, I recommend...

Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler - looking like the best line in the NHL again. Keep it going for now.
Perreault-Little-Laine - started to look much better as the Edmonton game went on. Little still doesn't see Laine when he's in soft areas - he needs to watch some game tape to figure it out.
Tanev-Lowry-Dano - Dano gets a chance to put away all the chances created by Lowry and Tanev that Matthias has been muffing. Matthias gets to work on the Tooter-Shooter.
Petan-Copp-Armia - reunite a line that was very good, but has been seldom used. Armia goes back to the PK, and plays with some snort.
you play hard and you the right way you never sit in the press box because you don't score by game 3 or by game 63. worst case scenario for him will be 4th line. seriously mathias in press box to play dano and petan who work half as hard as him have no nhl experience compared to him cant kill penalties and are sloths compared to him. getting all those chances is a good thing not a bad thing. getting no chances in the same amount of games is something I would worry about going to the press box if I was dano and petan.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
you play hard and you the right way you never sit in the press box because you don't score by game 3 or by game 63. worst case scenario for him will be 4th line. seriously mathias in press box to play dano and petan who work half as hard as him have no nhl experience compared to him cant kill penalties and are sloths compared to him. getting all those chances is a good thing not a bad thing. getting no chances in the same amount of games is something I would worry about going to the press box if I was dano and petan.
We'll have to agree to disagree. Matthias is receiving more chances than he's creating, and has shown anemic scoring tendencies. Otherwise, he's just been okay. I think Dano deserves a chance on that line. I'd be okay with Petan or Matthias with Copp and Armia, but tie goes to the younger player on his ELC over the pending UFA, in my books.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
The most interesting place to pregame is Yaletown restaurant row. Basically on Mainland Street between Davie and Nelson. There you get two blocks of continuous restaurants and pubs, everything from world class sushi to tacos to brewpubs and everything inbetween. Adjacent Hamilton Street also has restaurants but not quite as densley packed, but there are some really good places there too. The best part is that they will all have "happy hour" drink and food specials between 3-6. All the restaurants on the west side of the street have year round patios (they have ways to protect you from any weather) on game days it gets very populated with NHL Jerseys. They all serve pretty good food actually. It's less than a 15 minute walk to the arena from there. They run some kind of a shuttle on event days but I've never taken it. I always walk.

Reccomended places

Yaletown Brewing Company
Flying Pig
Rodneys Oyster Bar
Wild Tale
West Oak
Cactus Club

High end dining options

Minami
Blue Water Cafe
Cioppino's

There are chains you'd be familiar with from Winnipeg as well. This area really fills up after the game as well. I love coming here after a concert or a sporting event. Most places there have happy hour again after 9pm.

If you want something closer to the arena I'd recommend Kingston Taphouse & Grille. Richards and Robson. Really good food lots of beer choice. Less than 10 minute walk.

There are probably a hundred places you could find to go within 15 minute walk of the arena and almost everywhere in vancouver has pretty decent food. Craft beer is a way of life here and the BC wine is also very intersting. Many places have wine on tap as well, right out of the barrel.

Great, now I'm hungry and want to fly to Vancouver!

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I really have no take on Poolman and Buff (it seems to be one or the other, which is a shame), but if Mason starts after the game Hellebuyck just had, what message are you sending to Connor?

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
We'll have to agree to disagree. Matthias is receiving more chances than he's creating, and has shown anemic scoring tendencies. Otherwise, he's just been okay.

That spot was Connor's to lose, and unfortunately he did. Hope he gets a call up soon, assuming he can do better than preseason.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I really have no take on Poolman and Buff (it seems to be one or the other, which is a shame), but if Mason starts after the game Hellebuyck just had, what message are you sending to Connor?

Re: which goalie to start ... This is a tough call. Yes, Hellebuyck played very well (especially in th first) and was key to our victory over Edmonton. On the other hand, if Mason is the starter, I think he goes in. The message to Helle is "great game but you're still the backup". I don't think one game means you've supplanted the starter.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
So Buff went fishing in his day off. I though he was day to day with a LBI? :sarcasm:

That is on the Fraser river (I work fisheries in the fraser valley). Those massive surgeon get 12 feet long and 400 - 500 pounds. Almost all have radio tags in their snout. That fish is probably 100 years old.

I can tell you that a complete invalid could sit in a boat and catch one of those, most sturgeon anglers are big old fat guys who drink all day.

Anyway not hockey related but it's weird to see a pic from my neck of the woods!

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
I have a feeling that the savior Hendricks is getting close to getting back in the lineup. Maurice said last week that the Vancouver game could align with his timetable of recovery

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I have a feeling that the savior Hendricks is getting close to getting back in the lineup. Maurice said last week that the Vancouver game could align with his timetable of recovery

Didn't look like they needed him last game. Do we need "saving?"

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014

That you're hoping to instill some confidence in both of your goalies as soon as possible and Bucky just had a great game so you're not worried about it.

Click the poster's name, and a pop-up with loads of options regarding the poster should appear. In there is the ignore button.

Who are you responding to?

(;))

Reactions: JJ McCubbin

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Kind of hoping we just roll with Helle. Let the best goalie play(outside b2b's or really long stretches) until they struggle then put the next guy in. Hopefully salary doesn't come into it.

Reactions: Jets 31

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
That is on the Fraser river (I work fisheries in the fraser valley). Those massive surgeon get 12 feet long and 400 - 500 pounds. Almost all have radio tags in their snout. That fish is probably 100 years old.

I can tell you that a complete invalid could sit in a boat and catch one of those, most sturgeon anglers are big old fat guys who drink all day.

Anyway not hockey related but it's weird to see a pic from my neck of the woods!
Who is in the pic with Buff?

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I go with Mason. He was brought in to be the starter because Bucky was inconsistent. If Bucky plays, I can easily see him having a poor game. Mason needs more than a couple of weak efforts to prove he is not the starter we were looking for.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Hoping for another game like this, with all the Jets above the red line...

gameShots-2017-10-09-2017020037-WPGatEDM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad