Pre-Game Talk: Jets Vs Blues: Tuesday March 10

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I didn't mind not being able to hear the play-by-play for the first half of the game on Saturday. That kind of incompetence is hard to come by.

Haha yeah I didn't mind that either. Its not only the PBP/colour, I dislike the SN/CBC between period panel. Friedman is good, never liked Kypreos at all. At least PJ Stock now has a reduced role, they got that much right. I prefer Beyak and the TSN analysts. Beyak sometimes gets lost in his statistics but he at leasts calls the play on the ice and has a lot of enthusiasm during a game.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
For awhile I was worried it was because Bob Cole was finally expiring on air, but soon realized they were merely having audio issues.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
the olli factor comes into play here. Olli get traded from preds and they go on an epic slide. Was in toronto long enough for a cup of coffee, and to help the leafs get a rare victory against his last year's team, the jets. He was in on the ot goal. Then the leafs trade him to the blues, so the blue's come back to toronto and rout olli's 'new' old team, the leafs - the score was something like 60 to 1. Maybe not 60, but i think there was a 6 in there.

Anyway, unless we can organize a trade to have olli a member of the jets for one game, the olli factor means we lose this game. I just hope that he isn't in on the game winner again.

View attachment 80359

Last edited:

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
gary lawless ‏@garylawless 9m9 minutes ago

Bryan Little won't play for #nhljets against #blues tomorrow #bn
0 replies 8 retweets 2 favorites

Jml78

Dec 14, 2013
YYZ
gary lawless ‏@garylawless 9m9 minutes ago

Bryan Little won't play for #nhljets against #blues tomorrow #bn
0 replies 8 retweets 2 favorites

Not exactly breaking news as when the Jets first announced he was out it for a minimum of 2 games, with hope of maybe having him for the Florida games.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Buff missing will hurt us in this game. We're going to need Lowry and Scheifele to step up physically.

Yeah. Lowry to hand out hits, and Scheifele to take them.

Well, he did dish out a good one. But since Buff isn't around to save his bacon, he should probably go back to just taking them.

Derfel*

Yeah. Lowry to hand out hits, and Scheifele to take them.

Well, he did dish out a good one. But since Buff isn't around to save his bacon, he should probably go back to just taking them.

#55 was being physical two games ago. He can bring it.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
#55 was being physical two games ago. He can bring it.

I like #55. I am a pro #55 kind of guy, not a #55 hater

But I have in my mind that most of his physicality is that he isn't afraid to go into the corners and take a hit. And I like that, except that sometimes he takes big hits and I don't like that because I don't want him to be injured. I certainly don't want him dropping the gloves. But my recollection is that most of his body checks are of the run of the mill finish the check to register that I finished the check kind of hits. Not punishing, heavy hits that have guys looking over their shoulder the next time.

He had that huge, clean, open ice hit on I can't remember who a game or two ago. It really was a square, stand them up to sit them down kind of hit - a thing of beauty really. But thank goodness Buff saved his beautiful baby face from the looming knuckle imprints. The interesting thing is that he was motivated to lay someone out because moments earlier on the same shift the thing that I mentioned in my first paragraph happened to him - so he was really fired up and pissed off.

JMT21

I Give A Dam!
Aug 8, 2011
In My House

But I have in my mind that most of his physicality is that he isn't afraid to go into the corners and take a hit. And I like that, except that sometimes he takes big hits and I don't like that because I don't want him to be injured. I certainly don't want him dropping the gloves. But my recollection is that most of his body checks are of the run of the mill finish the check to register that I finished the check kind of hits. Not punishing, heavy hits that have guys looking over their shoulder the next time.

He had that huge, clean, open ice hit on I can't remember who a game or two ago. It really was a square, stand them up to sit them down kind of hit - a thing of beauty really. But thank goodness Buff saved his beautiful baby face from the looming knuckle imprints. The interesting thing is that he was motivated to lay someone out because moments earlier on the same shift the thing that I mentioned in my first paragraph happened to him - so he was really fired up and pissed off.

It was on Lewis against the Kings. Perfectly clean hit.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
It was on Lewis against the Kings. Perfectly clean hit.

Yes. Clean. Square. Solid. Feet on the ice. It really was textbook.

But he isn't handing those out everyday. That's a good thing. I think his frame is still a bit too slight to be doing that on a regular basis. We have enough guys out right now.

Skew06

Nov 16, 2012
Hazelwood, Missouri
Blues fan here. The blues practice facility is inside a local mall here in St. Louis, I had the day off work so I stopped by to watch them practice. Practice had been going on for about ten minutes when I hear a soccer game break out behind me near the entrance of the rink. I look, and its half of the Jets team playing their soccer/volleyball game behind me about ten feet away. The players were basically just hanging around the fans in that area and doing their own thing. I basically became a part of the game with how often I had to throw the ball back to them, which didnt bother me one bit lol. I ended up watching more of their soccer match than I did the blues practice. Pretty cool experience for sure that I wasn't expecting to have.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

Well Scheif is never going to fit the description of a crasher and banger, he'll finish his checks and make sure he slows his guy up but he isn't going to be the put him through the boards type, which is a good thing.

One thing I've observed with him is that he seems to be developing a pretty good knack at pissing opponents off.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach-Maurice-Mar-9-300x166.jpg

Coach Maurice scrum: His thoughts on today’s practice. Can they bring that same energy to the game tomorrow night? Update on Ladd and Little. Little is not a player tomorrow? What is Halischuk’s status? With 16 to go does the team’s psyche say “we’re better than we thought and we do belong� Any problem with a second year guy (Trouba) playing big minutes? Can he put Byfuglien type minutes on Trouba until the end of the season if need be? Could Halischuk be an option on the road trip? Does Halischuk have any experience at centre? What are his thoughts on Drew Stafford ten games into his time with Winnipeg. What’s the difference in preparation for Nashville and St. Louis? On the starting goalie for tomorrow’s game.

To listen click here.

Smurfyblue

Sep 30, 2011
Hey Jets fans in Edmonton - my husband is going to be in Edmonton tomorrow, where is a good place to go watch Jets games there?

SoupaTroupa

WHY NOT US?
Jan 8, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Blues fan here. The blues practice facility is inside a local mall here in St. Louis, I had the day off work so I stopped by to watch them practice. Practice had been going on for about ten minutes when I hear a soccer game break out behind me near the entrance of the rink. I look, and its half of the Jets team playing their soccer/volleyball game behind me about ten feet away. The players were basically just hanging around the fans in that area and doing their own thing. I basically became a part of the game with how often I had to throw the ball back to them, which didnt bother me one bit lol. I ended up watching more of their soccer match than I did the blues practice. Pretty cool experience for sure that I wasn't expecting to have.

Cool! I've never been to a practice. One of these days I'll get around to it, but they usually seem to have open practices during work time. :shakehead

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone

Cool story - thanks for sharing.
Although as a Blues fan, you should have grabbed the ball and ran, yelling "Suck it Jets! Hahahahahaha!!!" ;)

PerryPooley

Dec 28, 2011
Beating the Blues in their barn would be so massive on a few levels. If 55 scores we'll win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad