Prospect Info: Jets Top Prospects Poll: #3 Prospect

Who is the Jets #3 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Niku. Mainly because he’s further along in his development. A year older for Heinola in development and I might lean towards him. Either way these three young D are all very close right now.

Reactions: Sixty Minute Man

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I miss when we had great prospects.

It’s all kind of a cycle though......amazing prospect pools usually happen because teams are drafting in the top 10 for consecutive years. Then teams graduate their great pool into the show and start making the playoffs and pick later and end up with less awesome prospects.

Reactions: Deedog99

Whileee

May 29, 2010
2016 was probably Peak Prospect for the Jets: Laine, Connor, Hellebuyck, Morrissey, Petan, Roslovic, Armia, Lemieux, Comrie, and Stanley were the Top 10. Also on the list were Poolman, Niku, Foley, Berdin, Tanev, Appleton and Suess.

Man...
A dozen or so NHLers, with 4 top end players. Yup, that's good.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
You'd have to think this race is between Heinola and Niku. Looks like everybody is sold on the kid. I am still hoping Logan Stanley pushes up these rankings, but probably going to be Heinola #3 an Niku #4. #5 appears to be less clear. I'll say Heinola has more of a top 4 ceiling, also add Suess.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
You'd have to think this race is between Heinola and Niku. Looks like everybody is sold on the kid. I am still hoping Logan Stanley pushes up these rankings, but probably going to be Heinola #3 an Niku #4. #5 appears to be less clear. I'll say Heinola has more of a top 4 ceiling, also add Suess.

Stanley should have basically zero chance until #8. Then it's a toss up with him and Spacek at 8.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Stanley should have basically zero chance until #8. Then it's a toss up with him and Spacek at 8.

A fan you are not. I think you have to rank players where they fit. If Stanley can replace Kulikov, he is playing more minutes than any of the others players in this conversation, after Heinola and Niku. I don't think any of our forwards project in the top 9, outside of Veselainen. Although I am pretty high on this Skyler Mc Kenzie kid, as a goal scorer, with a nose for the net, that battled through injury, and getting above the vets on the Moose in the lineup last year. I expect a big jump from him and Suess if they start on the Moose. Appleton might develop into a checking line role. Spacek had a pretty weak camp, but I read that he finished stronger. Has some skilled hands, but learning the pace of the game is the key. We're probably not in agreement but that's ok.

Reactions: snowkiddin

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I totally disagree with you here . I am also a flyers fan and they have been voted in the top three prospect poll for the last 3 years and only had Patrick and Provorov in the top 10 and they went straight to the show so were not prospects for long at all . Great drafting comes from after the top ten and Jets have done well there as well .

Problem is we traded our 36th overall pick to move up 4 spots to get Stanley , traded 1st an Foley then traded our first this last year which we finally recoup with Trouba omg . Our GM has been treating the draft picks as money trying to win , so our pool goes for a crap because of it .

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I totally disagree with you here . I am also a flyers fan and they have been voted in the top three prospect poll for the last 3 years and only had Patrick and Provorov in the top 10 and they went straight to the show so were not prospects for long at all . Great drafting comes from after the top ten and Jets have done well there as well .

Problem is we traded our 36th overall pick to move up 4 spots to get Stanley , traded 1st an Foley then traded our first this last year which we finally recoup with Trouba omg . Our GM has been treating the draft picks as money trying to win , so our pool goes for a crap because of it .
We don’t have elite talent but I wouldn’t call it crap. Our top 4 are going to be solid NHLers with high ceilings and Berdin has potential too. We have some good prospects still, I’m high on a bunch of them.

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Predicting Niku has a breakout year. Ends up playing with Buff and good minutes. Learns to play good defense too.

Just a hunch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad