Jets Top Prospects Poll: #11 Prospect - Tiebreak Vote

Who is the Jets #11 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I just don’t see Comrie ever making the NHL but for a handful of 3rd string injury replacement games.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I think the few guys in running now could be AHL/NHL tweeners. Some more than others and hopefully one can stick as more of a regular.
The player that doesn't win will go back to the next round of voting this morning.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm a little surprised by the support for Kovacevic. A year ago, I thought he might be another Poolman. He still might be, but the lack of increased production and his age are concerning.

I'm also surprised at the suddenness of the loss of love for Comrie. 3 bad NHL games are offset by progress in the A. I see him as no better, no worse than a year or two ago. That is a B level goal prospect whose time is running short. Short, not out yet.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I just don’t see Comrie ever making the NHL but for a handful of 3rd string injury replacement games.

I actually think Comrie has a better chance than Kovacevic of making the NHL (as a backup most likely). Goalies don't always have the most predictable development pattern. However, I've been voting for Kovy for a few rounds now as I like his upside.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I actually think Comrie has a better chance than Kovacevic of making the NHL (as a backup most likely). Goalies don't always have the most predictable development pattern. However, I've been voting for Kovy for a few rounds now as I like his upside.

What upside do you see for Kovy? Are you allowing for his age? I believe he just finished D+3 if he had been drafted when first eligible.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Let's say better than Poolman upside, whom admittedly, I'm not very high on. But I think based on the skillset, albeit maybe a year late developing, #4/5 defenceman ceiling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad