Pre-Game Talk: Jets @ Stars, Sat, 26 Oct 2013 6:00PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
This weekend is awesome. Friday night I'm free to do whatever I want and I can curl up on the couch Saturday and Sunday. :D

Party @ Hammer's pad! :naughty:

I don't know what to expect from this game. As badly as the Stars whupped the Jets two weeks ago, they seem to be struggling as well, at least in terms of their record.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I'll be very impressed if the Jets keep up the momentum after the two losses. If they play like they did yesterday and the game before that, I will be a happy, happy man.

Also, obligatory vBookie all in.

ihadtochangethename

Sep 1, 2012
USA
Are we expecting Monty to get the Stars game or the Avs game?

I'm such a closet Noel supporter because i genuinely like the guy. I like him maybe a little too much considering his shortcomings. I feel almost guilty questioning him given the effort (or lack thereof) that the team gives each game (i'm into blaming the players, too many of them vets). Having said that, it absolutely blows my mind that Monty only has 1 start. If you ask me Pavs was better year 1. You look at Vancouver, and how they have handled Lack thus far. They give the kid as many starts as necessary. He hasn't won them all, but they show faith in him, and common sense by changing it up even when Luongo wins. Pavs has not stolen not one game for us this year IMO, not a single one. Monty comes in, vs NJ ( fine, fine) but he gets a SO, something Pavs would not have accomplished even against this years Devils, and here we are; the no points-one point team, and still this...

The man has to be a genius, or a complete idiot, because some of his decision making has me wondering if he just flips a coin for game time-in game decisions, or if another idiot, (the one upstairs--you know who i mean dont you) is calling the shots, and they are collectively wrong.

Its shamefully comical....

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Are we expecting Montoya at all?
I would like see Monty vs the Avs, but I have no expectations.
Noel likes playing Pavs back to back :dunno:

Almost zero chance that Montoya doesn't start one of the two. But then again, that's what every Jet fan thought last time.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg

The extra commentators were Corby Davidson and Mike Rhyner. They host afternoon drive (3-7pm - The Hardline) on 1310 and 96.7 The Ticket in Dallas. The station won the Marconi Award for "Best Sports Station" in the nation, so they had The Hardline Ticket hosts on the broadcast tonight, in addition to regular announcers Ralph and Razor.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
err... mods mistakenly locked the GDT, not the PGT.

Personally, I hate these non-national HNIC games. They're not on Game Centre, but everywhere outside of Manitoba gets the Toronto game, so I'm stuck watching the game on CBC's web stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad