Proposal: Jets/Sens

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Byfuglien + Perreault + Vesalainen

For

Stone + Ceci

Sens Reasoning: They get an impact player in Byfuglien who can immediately improve the Sens chances of not giving Colarado Jack Hughes, Perreault who can play anywhere in the lineup and Vesalainen who is a blue-chip prospect who can play on any wing.

Jets Reasoning: They get a Winnipeg born and raised product who can bump Wheeler to 2C(and eventually replace Wheeler long term as an Elite RW), a young long term Top 4 Defensmen.
Ehlers for Stone and Pageau.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Makes even less sense for the Jets. We're going to need quality players on a discount. Vesalainen could end up being every bit as good as Stone. Buff and Perreault both love being Jets, and Winnipeg is a tough place to love. I see a good chance of Perreault being re-signed at a discount.

Nothing against Stone or Ceci, but I wouldn't make this trade unless I really needed to clear cap space.

What are the chances that Vesalainem becomes an elite two way winger?

Also, Stone is from Winnipeg. I think he'd love the opportunity to play there. Not to mention he gets to play with Scheifele who he has Sedin like chemistry.

Winnipeg might have legitimate reasons to not do this trade but these aren't it.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Makes no sense for Winnipeg unless they have deals in place to ship those guys out, in that case they could just trade Stone and Ceci for futures.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Makes even less sense for the Jets. We're going to need quality players on a discount. Vesalainen could end up being every bit as good as Stone. Buff and Perreault both love being Jets, and Winnipeg is a tough place to love. I see a good chance of Perreault being re-signed at a discount.

Nothing against Stone or Ceci, but I wouldn't make this trade unless I really needed to clear cap space.

I still wouldn't do it. The value for Jets is horribad.

Reactions: Snowman

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
The Jets don't say no. Winnipeg fans are among the most clueless on these boards I find.

Hell yeah we do. We are loaded on the RW. No use for Stone. He's not beating out Wheeler or Laine for a top 6 spot so we give up our biggest minute munching physically imposing defencemen who was a major reason we got to the WCF for a guy who will be on our 3rd line? On top of that we give up another middle 6 winger AND a high end wing prospect. I think it's you, who should get a clue.

For the love of everyone's sanity on this board OP, please stop making the worst proposals you can think of. All you do is make people hate on the Jets with stuff like this.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
The Jets don't say no. Winnipeg fans are among the most clueless on these boards I find.

Stone for Perrault straight up and then we pull a Doug Wilson and Trade Stone 1 hour later for 3 times the value.

Dorian I will call you back in a hour after you check in with Eugene. ( Make sure to tell him that it will save him $$$)

Reactions: heilongjetsfan

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
What are the chances that Vesalainem becomes an elite two way winger?

Also, Stone is from Winnipeg. I think he'd love the opportunity to play there. Not to mention he gets to play with Scheifele who he has Sedin like chemistry.

Winnipeg might have legitimate reasons to not do this trade but these aren't it.

I'm from Winnipeg. I don't live there. I like it quite a bit, but I'm not itching to get back, either. I could see Stone wanting to accept a trade to basically anywhere but Ottawa, but just because Tavares wanted to go home, doesn't mean Stone does.

This and "people like playing with Scheif" don't seem like reasons to make this trade for the Jets.

Byfuglien is going to be better on his last game than Ceci will be in his career. No disrespect to Ceci. Stone is a very good hockey player (I remember Sens fans last season claiming he was better than Scheifele... And Preds fans saying Johanssen was too, but that's another story). He's better than Perreault for sure. That said, the difference between Perreault and Stone is equal to or less than the difference between Buff and Ceci.

An observant observer might notice Vesalainen's numbers in Finland were nothing short of astonishing for his age. Barkovian. Laine-esque. Not saying he's either one of those players, but when a player can meet or exceed their achievements at a lower level, there's very good reason to believe he's going to be a big contributor at the NHL level.

I could live with running Trouba > Myers > Ceci as my RHD, and even though we already have Wheeler and Ehlers as RW, we could probably make good use of Stone to give us an elite 3rd line. Which is actually intriguing, now that I think of it. But Vesalainen isn't a cherry on top. If he reaches his potential, Stone could end up being the 4th best RW in Winnipeg though no fault of his own. Him, Samberg, Roslovic and Niku are the prospects that I see as untouchable.

Without Vesalainen, this trade is a wash and the only need it -as presently constructed- satisfies for Winnipeg is salary reduction, which isn't a big deal after Mason and Armia were moved. We certainly don't need to pay a premium to shuffle deck chairs.

Thanks for coming out.

*PS* forgive the typos and any potential rambling as I'm drunk and not not on drugs. But sober as a nun, this is a bad deal for Peg City

Reactions: MFSUPERVILL4IN

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Make this fun for me. Explain it like we're 5. Tell us why a legit - but not exceptional - 1RW and a top 4 defenceman are worth a multiple all-star 1st pair D who can pick up and throw a pair of 200lb men simultaneously, a 40-point LW/C/RW with insane fancy stats AND a 19 year old prospect who just tore up the Finnish league to a team that already has 2 RW who produce more than the main piece in your package.

Give me details. Why don't we say no? Or even better, why don't we find it hard not to chuckle while we're saying no?

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Trading aging high level players to a rebuilding team for a RW that's not needed.....

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
The Jets aren't rebuilding, and the Sens aren't competing. This runs counter to the teams' current place in their ascent-decline-rebuild arcs.

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
ill straight up give you stone for free. guy deserves a winning team.

laine - scheifele - stone
ehlers - little - wheeler

yikes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad