Proposal: Jets/Sens

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Byfuglien + Perreault + Vesalainen

For

Stone + Ceci

Sens Reasoning: They get an impact player in Byfuglien who can immediately improve the Sens chances of not giving Colarado Jack Hughes, Perreault who can play anywhere in the lineup and Vesalainen who is a blue-chip prospect who can play on any wing.

Jets Reasoning: They get a Winnipeg born and raised product who can bump Wheeler to 2C(and eventually replace Wheeler long term as an Elite RW), a young long term Top 4 Defensmen.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Makes zero sense for Sens.

A rebuilding team is asking for picks and prospects, not aging “impact players”.. save that for a contender.
Makes even less sense for the Jets. We're going to need quality players on a discount. Vesalainen could end up being every bit as good as Stone. Buff and Perreault both love being Jets, and Winnipeg is a tough place to love. I see a good chance of Perreault being re-signed at a discount.

Nothing against Stone or Ceci, but I wouldn't make this trade unless I really needed to clear cap space.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Wow that's one of the worst proposals I've seen here.

3 years of Byfuglien at 7.6M and 4 years of Perrault at 4.2 (12M in total) are supposed to do anything for Ottawa...?

Those players, while not cap dumps have bad contracts with bad value for what they provide. So you're basically dumping your overpayed garbage on a bankrupt cheapskate team and getting by far the best and most valuable player in Mark stone...

Ottawa easily declines this

Last edited:
Reactions: SensFactor

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Both teams decline IMO
No reason for Ottawa to get Buff and Perreault right now and lose Stone
No need for Winnipeg to add another RW and lose our top defenceman

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Wheeler-Stone-Laine... what the f***? How many seconds did you think this proposal out for, three?

Also, absolute no to taking on Ceci at any cost. Years of having Mark Stuart ruin any prospect of icing a respectable D corps are still haunting me.

Reactions: Snowman

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Makes no sense for the Sens, or the Jets.

Wow that's one of the worst proposals I've seen here.

3 years of Byfuglien at 7.6M and 4 years of Perrault at 4.2 (12M in total) are supposed to do anything for Ottawa...?

Those players, while not cap dumps have bad contracts with bad value for what they provide. So you're basically dumping your overpayed garbage on a bankrupt cheapskate team and getting by far the best and most valuable player in Mark stone...

Ottawa easily declines this

The hottest of takes.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Makes no sense for the Sens, or the Jets.

The hottest of takes.

Tbh I like making bad proposals(more so strange than bad), not just for the sake of wasting people’s time but because until a trade is bad they usually aren’t interesting. Not saying I’d be a good GM or anything but I’m aware many of my trade proposals arent that good myself and I wouldn’t accept most of them either and all it is, is propositioning the idea of an offer and I think all ideas should be considered by all GMs when trying to improve rosters and teams regardless of how bad it is.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Tbh I like making bad proposals(more so strange than bad), not just for the sake of wasting people’s time but because until a trade is bad they usually aren’t interesting. Not saying I’d be a good GM or anything but I’m aware many of my trade proposals arent that good myself and I wouldn’t accept most of them either and all it is, is propositioning the idea of an offer and I think all ideas should be considered by all GMs when trying to improve rosters and teams regardless of how bad it is.

Buff has more importance to our team right now than Stone would. And we lose Perreault, and a future NHLer.

Sens are garbage right now, if they trade Stone they need it to be for young prospects or picks.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
No need to spend assets on Stone, he will follow Tavares' footsteps and sign with his hometown team in UFA :)

Reactions: jetsforever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad