GDT: Jets @ Senators | Sun Mar 17 4:00PM | Minimalist Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
Pavs hasn't been bad today, but putting in Pasq would've been better IMO. Makes the boys up front be more astute, far cry from what we've seen today. Pavelec deserved a rest for today so he can be well rested for the Bruins.

/end arm chair coaching

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
We lost due to Ottawa playing better, end of story.

Finally, some logic!

Seriously people, we only scored 1 goal this game. Sens outplayed us, simple as that. We were also worn out, not even 24 hours of rest before this game.

Recouperate and lets get some wins in the coming games.

Instincts

Jan 11, 2012
Conversely, some refs will start calling penalties on your team if you do whine since they will simply not like you...
It's been said that the converse is actually true (ie. coaches that constantly whine and throw tantrums with officials get bad penalties called against them). At best it probably has zero net effect.
I didn't say constantly whine, but once in a while to express your unhappiness on a bad call is a must. It will show the refs your not here to be pushed around and it shows your players you back them up and it shows the fans you really care.
So let's agree to disagree.

FBS

Sep 6, 2011
Looking forward to seeing Burmistrov on Tuesday

Disappointment but not unexpected at all

DominikPavelec

Mar 8, 2013
Winnipeg
Pavs hasn't been bad today, but putting in Pasq would've been better IMO. Makes the boys up front be more astute, far cry from what we've seen today. Pavelec deserved a rest for today so he can be well rested for the Bruins.

/end arm chair coaching

I didn't even know we were playing Boston next. Crikes, why didn't we play Eddie today?

PerryPooley

Dec 28, 2011
I'm getting tired of this nobody goalie they have in net too.
I'm just generally in a pissy mood now.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
I'm not mad. The Sens outplayed us and the outcome is pretty much what I expected. Just win the next one.

Yup, this.

Pretty lifeless performance, but I'm not surprised. I'll give them a pass for this one, but it's imperative that they bounce back for the Boston game.

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
I should clarify that while I like the scratching of Burmistrov, I think that not playing a rested forward in the second night of a back to back(and in the final game of 7 in 11 days) is a foolish idea.

Would it have made the outcome different? I don't think so, but that doesn't make it a good decision.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
Better team won. Period.

Neither Pavelec or the officials lost this game for the Jets. It's all (or almost all) mostly on the forwards. Not burying chances, not taking their man in the D-Zone, crappy passing or no passing.

Burmistrov would not have made a whit of difference here.

Jets were out of gas, and the Sens had some left in the tank.

theamazingchris

Jan 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Finally, some logic!

Seriously people, we only scored 1 goal this game. Sens outplayed us, simple as that. We were also worn out, not even 24 hours of rest before this game.

Recouperate and lets get some wins in the coming games.

Good point, this. When we don't have a fourth line available to eat up 10ish minutes, it makes a difference long term.

At some point we're going to have to stop this 3 line junk.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Better team won. Period.

Neither Pavelec or the officials lost this game for the Jets. It's all (or almost all) mostly on the forwards. Not burying chances, not taking their man in the D-Zone, crappy passing or no passing.

Burmistrov would not have made a whit of difference here.

Jets were out of gas, and the Sens had some left in the tank.

Well said, agreed 100%.

Let's get some rest, we'll need it against the Bruins.

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
I didn't even know we were playing Boston next. Crikes, why didn't we play Eddie today?

I don't blame the coaching staff on riding the hot hand. But you gotta give Pasq at least one shot at the NHL, and today was a good day as any. Back end of a short back to back.

But our boys were just so ragged today. Passes were terrible. Ones that connected were quickly over turned or forechecked. Penalties a problem again.

Kudos to Lehner though, heck of a game.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
I don't blame the coaching staff on riding the hot hand. But you gotta give Pasq at least one shot at the NHL, and today was a good day as any. Back end of a short back to back.

But our boys were just so ragged today. Passes were terrible. Ones that connected were quickly over turned or forechecked. Penalties a problem again.

Kudos to Lehner though, heck of a game.

If Montoya was healthy he would have played I'm sure. They don't have confidence in pasquale

Avocado Coolranch

Just a fool
Jul 1, 2012
Vancouver
I dont know.... I thought the Jets had many chances. Had a poor 1st period, decent 2nd and a better third. they just couldn't score and some stupid penalties.... but they couldve easily stolen this game. disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad