Post-Game Talk: Jets @ Preds - 3.1.14 - Get back in there and sell, Sell, SELL

Nashville Transplant

Feb 28, 2013
Nash/LA
The effort was certainly there. They directed pucks towards the Jet net, and dominated territorial play, but weak goaltending and some inopportune fanning, shanking, tipping did them in. That and their usual complete inability to physically pound the opposition's D into submission will always make them a lot easier to play against than hey have to be on a game in/game out basis.. Ride Keaton Ellerby into the boards fer Chrissakes. It's Keaton Ellerby.. And Weber, grow a pair and actually hit someone in the defensive zone. This angling the guy off and allowing him to make a pass is infuriating. I have about 100 Drew Doughty games on video if you'd like to watch a defenseman control a game in his own end.

cleangene63

Jan 25, 2006
Beautiful Bellevue
The effort was certainly there. They directed pucks towards the Jet net, and dominated territorial play, but weak goaltending and some inopportune fanning, shanking, tipping did them in. That and their usual complete inability to physically pound the opposition's D into submission will always make them a lot easier to play against than hey have to be on a game in/game out basis.. Ride Keaton Ellerby into the boards fer Chrissakes. It's Keaton Ellerby.. And Weber, grow a pair and actually hit someone in the defensive zone. This angling the guy off and allowing him to make a pass is infuriating. I have about 100 Drew Doughty games on video if you'd like to watch a defenseman control a game in his own end.
How many Preds were knocked off the puck today like they were on the Jr. Preds? As I've written on here many times, what happened to the "tougher to play against/ make the opponents pay an entertainment tax" team which was supposedly put together last summer??

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
I liked the game ... .

Pred's didn't score ... and that was missing but they had a good game. The jets made the best of their chances and we rebounded on a good Pavelec.

The better team lost. Not the first time. Who said hockey is a fair game ?
Actually hockey is among the worst game in respect of fairness.

So i am not in a sell frenzy mode.
On a positive tone : Moser scored his first NHL goal ... and for the little ice time he has ... he fought hard .... and the 4th line was actually not bad ... they had an aggressive fore-checking ... i felt they should have had a couple of more shifts. (and to tell you the truth, the inefficiency of the forwards is tiring sometimes ... they receive caviars from the defense setting up nice attacks and don't transform !) But they displayed the effort ... and that deserves salute !

++

little add ... upon i learned that Rinne played yesterday ... and he played well ... so that would be a buy buy buy !

Last edited:

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
The outcome sucked alright, but it wasn't a particularly bad game imo. Pavelec played really well; there were many long stretches where we dominated and then got caught on an unlucky counterattack or bad change (e.g. Jokinen goal). Pretty much puts the season in the can though; just want to see Rinne come back and play well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad