Jets PK since Stuart out

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I'll start hockey talk with other fans, and as soon as something like, "Enstrom's the worst D on the team. He's got to go or the Jets will never go anywhere.", I just have to decide to talk about something else. Some people's "blinkers" will never be removed. You just have to live with it.

Lately, when I'm watching hockey, and I hear the commentator say, "Player X leads the team/league in shotblocking.", I think of it as the "Stuart stat." and just embrace the idea that they're a possession minus, poor puck-moving, relatively immobile defenseman, loved by their coach for their crease-clearing ability. (In the meantime, they're stuck around their crease all of the time, partly due to their skill-set.)

Stuart and his partner will always have a ton of blocks, because they face a ton of shots.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Any stats on Ladd's PK performance when he was here? I wasn't impressed with him in that role, and pairing him with Stuart on the same side of the PK seemed a recipe for disaster.

I prefer not using PK% or GA/60 as statistics for analysis, but I add them for Stuart so people can see it's not just the fancystats that paint Stuart in a bad light.

That said, here are the Jets F with 100+ PK TOI:
Untitled.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad