Pre-Game Talk: Jets @ Panthers

PaperRockChamp

Oct 19, 2009
Wpg
I think we're going to take out a lot of frustration on the Panthers. It's the type of team that probably won't try to get Kane off his game early.. He will be flying. 7-2 Win.

Tintin's Ghost

May 28, 2007
Saskatoon
Not sure how far into this short season we have to be to call a game a "must win" but this is a game the Jets really need to win. For the mental momentum. For the fact they need actual points to stay with Carolina and/or the 8th seed.

It's going to be fun to watch Huberdeau but I sure hope the Jets thump the Cats.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Not sure how far into this short season we have to be to call a game a "must win" but this is a game the Jets really need to win. For the mental momentum. For the fact they need actual points to stay with Carolina and/or the 8th seed.

It's going to be fun to watch Huberdeau but I sure hope the Jets thump the Cats.

It's not all total doom and gloom. They're in 9th right now but have 2 games in hand on Philly. They need to pick up points on this trip. 2-2 is the minimum, 2-1-1 is probably the better scenario.

Tintin's Ghost

May 28, 2007
Saskatoon
It's not all total doom and gloom. They're in 9th right now but have 2 games in hand on Philly. They need to pick up points on this trip. 2-2 is the minimum, 2-1-1 is probably the better scenario.

You're right, it's not doom and gloom but it will feel like if they can't close out a game against the Panthers.

Ramsalot

Rergisterd Uhrser
Jan 17, 2013
Torpronto
Miettinen's good to go so he's probably back in with Peluso destroying everyone involved in his fight including himself. What else can go wrong? Gets a wide open net and his stick disintegrates resulting in a breakaway the other way? Gets a high sticking major from a Panther's own stick? Gets a natural hat trick?

I hope Wellwood gets another chance too, it's not like he's going to do less than Tangradi's done for the past four.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
this is fairly common isn't it, or is that only the optionals?

This is just my opinions, but you are only allowed to skip optionals, You can skip non options if have a real good reason (I imagine), like being hurt.

I also have no idea if today's was optional. I have real doubts that it is, since they havent played since Saturday afternoon, and don't play until tomorrow.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
With how beat up Buff is they might have kept him out to let his body rest.
It's no secret he's been dinged up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad