GDT: Jets@Oilers - 8PM - End the year with a bang!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TypeSly

Jan 29, 2010
Wayne Gretzky Drive
We're the Oilers... give us your unproven flash in the pan goalies and we'll throw a nice long big contract at them! This isn't like the dark days where we had to do that just to get players to come here! We never learn 😡

Honestly, let's just follow the rest of the league... Just pick some Russian goalie with a long last name, and he'll come out of nowhere to be a star!

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I dunno, it's pretty hard for me to blame Campbell on that one. That was a ridiculous stretch by Connor to get a tip on that two feet in front of the goalie.
He made himself way too small like he has a bad habit of doing. It’s not like Connor tipped it up into the top corner, it brushed Campbell. If he made himself a bit bigger or was at the top of his crease that likely hits him.

The first one as well Pionk heeled the shot and it was saveable. He was there just couldn’t make the save.

He’s cost them this one after a pretty strong defensive performance from the team.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The problem is that they weren't watching Campbell at all, because our scouting is inept and the decision was made without really looking into it.

Campbell has been sub 900 goalie for over a calendar year. Anyone that actually watched him would've seen how he was terrible after november of last year with the leafs.

That being said, I don't think he had much of a chance on either goals tonight. Perfect cross crease, perfect tip

You could look at the Campbell signing from so many angles and smell trash. Eye test his highlights - trash. Check his normal stats - trash. Check his fancy stats - trash. Check his career trajectory - trash. Check the context of his performances good or bad as a Leaf - trash!

Complete incompetence by the Oil. I can only guess that Holland got advice from Schwartz to lead him down this very very stupid path.

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
We're the Oilers... give us your unproven flash in the pan goalies!

Honestly, let's just follow the rest of the league... Just pick some Russian goalie with a long last name, and he'll come out of nowhere to be a star!
The last Russian goalie we picked up left to the KHL.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Just getting in and tuned into the game. Frustrating Connor goal. Kulak had good position but a top sniper finds a way to reach and get a stick on the puck. I didn't see the first goal but 14 shots on net and the Oilers down 2-1. Is it runny Soup again??
Yeah 2 saveable ones for sure. He’s gotta have at least one of them when your team is holding the opponent under a dozen shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad