Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Less Simpsons more cats

k1N13cY.gif

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Because you people lack every bit of culture, every single one of my posts in this thread is gonna contain a piece of a famous poem.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary
Upon many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Because you people lack every bit of culture, every single one of my posts in this thread is gonna contain a piece of a famous poem.

Something something Lenore.

ibhwkvCPXL1S8L.gif

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

There once was a man from Nantucket
Who kept all his cash in a bucket.
But his daughter, named Nan,
Ran away with a man
And as for the bucket, Nantucket.

There is another famous poem about a man from Nantucket... but that will get me banned.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

One click to threadban you.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
btw guys, If I still don't have either the EA, Crytek or namco bandai internship by mid/late September, I'll make a trip to Asia for two months and after that WILL FLY TO THE PEG WITH MR. POETRY. THIS IS NO EXERCISE!

I'm actually selling my car to do this :laugh:

'edit'

This kid made me laugh so hard :laugh:

Last edited:

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Omg I can't stop laughing about that kid :D What does he say is his last name? Deathriddle? :D :laugh: Omg that's too much for me

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
I wish I lived in EA Sports land.

In my first season of Live The Life not only did the Jets win the Stanley Cup, but Pavs won the Conn Smythe :laugh:

And it's not like I got ti carry them, I spent most of the year on the Marlies doing my best to get Nonis to trade me.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
http://www.thestar.com/sports/socce...man_rights_showdown_over_artificial_turf.html

Seriously????

An international team of lawyers sent a letter on behalf of 40 women athletes to the Canadian Soccer Association and the Federation Internationale de Football Association urging the tournament be played on natural grass instead of an artificial field so as to avoid gender discrimination lawsuits and/or challenges under Canadian human rights codes and the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

I don't care if it's women or men... in this country a lot of our stadiums ( the big ones ) use artificial turf, that's just how it is. Play or don't play. And to say that if it was for the men we would go and tear up the artificial turf to put in real grass so we might get the Men's World Cup in 2026.... I can imagine the conversation at Investors group field... Tear out your turf and put real grass in so you can host a few footy games. I don't think so.

And if you think you can just lay sod over the artificial turf that won't work either because it wouldn't grow properly. You need a proper foundation of sand and soil to properly lay sod. And of course there is no way the Bombers would cover the turf with dirt and try and grow grass.

Ok. Fine. You don't want to play on artificial turf for various reasons, but to file suit and say this is violation under the Charter of Rights and Freedoms...give me a break. :rant:

Last edited:

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
ehm... wait, what? :laugh:

How could having to play on artificial turf be gender discrimination? :laugh:

Even in the UEFA Champions League it's not uncommon that Russian or Ukrainian clubs play on artificial turf because of the climatic problem for real grass.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
It works! I love you so much right now StronGeer. I have a hard time putting it into words, but I'll try.

Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer’s lease hath all too short a date;
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimm'd;
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance or nature’s changing course untrimm'd;

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
btw guys, If I still don't have either the EA, Crytek or namco bandai internship by mid/late September, I'll make a trip to Asia for two months and after that WILL FLY TO THE PEG WITH MR. POETRY. THIS IS NO EXERCISE!

I'm actually selling my car to do this :laugh:

'edit'

This kid made me laugh so hard :laugh:

Once you get an idea of the date you boys will be gracing us with your presence let us know.

dobiezeke*

Yeah?

In Xanadu did Kubla Khan
A stately pleasure-dome decree
Where Alph, the sacred river, ran
Through caverns measureless to man
Down to a sunless sea.

Worth it!

Based on your poetic prowess and being in tune with your emotional state...you clearly have not had issues going down all the way in the past. More weight will get you there.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
It works! I love you so much right now StronGeer. I have a hard time putting it into words, but I'll try.

Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer’s lease hath all too short a date;
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimm'd;
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance or nature’s changing course untrimm'd;

Awesome! Any time gymbro! Allow me to say a prayer to Brodin in thanks.

Thy gym do come. Thy lift be done, In the sky as it’s done by Brodin. Give us this day our daily swole. And forgive us our weakness, As we forgive those who are weak upon us. And lead us not into stagnation, But deliver us from atrophy. For thine lift is the dead, and the bench, and the squat, for sets upon sets. Wheymen

Last edited:

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg
Going to my first bomber game tomorrow, do I wanna be known as that guy who wears NFL gear at a cfl game?? Thoughts??

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
There once was a man from Nantucket
Who kept all his cash in a bucket.
But his daughter, named Nan,
Ran away with a man
And as for the bucket, Nantucket.

There is another famous poem about a man from Nantucket... but that will get me banned.

I forget how the middle goes, but doesn't it end "and his mouth was so big / that he kept his false teeth in a bucket"?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Having an amazing day.

My pump blew up at the lake so we had no water for 3 days and today the plumbers showed up and we needed to go out on the boat, "locate" and fish out the old slimy pump, bring it back to the dock to replace it, and then take the new beast back to its rightful spot in the lake.

Most productive, slimy, messy, manly, work day I have had this year......I am having a cold crappy domestic beer by myself to celebrate my achievement!

:cheers:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Having an amazing day.

My pump blew up at the lake so we had no water for 3 days and today the plumbers showed up and we needed to go out on the boat, "locate" and fish out the old slimy pump, bring it back to the dock to replace it, and then take the new beast back to its rightful spot in the lake.

Most productive, slimy, messy, manly, work day I have had this year......I am having a cold crappy domestic beer by myself to celebrate my achievement!

:cheers:

#firstworldproblems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad