Post-Game Talk: Jets Lose, The Streak Continues

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
I'm still surprised Laine didn't shoot that.

Ngl, I think we played well considering it was Pittsburgh. We had them on the ropes a few times. Their powerplay horrifies me though, my goodness. Surprised we shut them out on it. All lines faired alright, but we still have a lot of key players (Wheeler, Little, Trouba, Laine, Myers) that have yet to hit full stride. Wheeler is still putting up points but he can definitely be better.

I still think we're on the upswing though, Helle has been amazing, and I think we hit a hot streak once Perreault and Lowry return. They would have been the difference in a game like this.

Reactions: Kgame and MardyBum

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Okay, let's replay that game but with Neimi and Mason in net. With all the good chances by both teams the score would have been 8-7 or something like that:laugh:. Love seeing Helly play his big, boring style again with the added glove hand.:thumbu:

Reactions: Nicos and Kgame

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
5v5
LyA3ToO.png

4v5
f91AO8x.png

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
Wheeler needs to show up one of these nights, Laine needs to stop being so cute with the puck, and Helle needs to keep doing what he's doing.
Amen, especially to that last statement.
I think we've reached the point where we just need mason to be a reliable backup now. Don't wanna end up driving Helle into the ground.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Win would have nice. But we needed to turn 10 losses we would have gotten last year in to 10 overtime losses. Thats one. The extra 10 points will put us into the playoffs

Reactions: SoupaTroupa

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
We got a point, i'll take that in Pittsburgh anyday. No line was terrible, just poor decision making with the puck.

Glad to see Helle keeping his play up. Huge rest before the game, gets peppered with shots, Mason or Helle next?

Reactions: Kgame

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Hellebyuck for Vezina, Laine needs to stop passing and start shooting, whelmed with a point but I'd really like to see a game where we dominate offensively at some point.

Don Tami

Aurinkokuningas, Kiekkoleijona #79
Feb 28, 2017
Despite OT, Laine looked better already. Won few battles in corners, was overall more physical, too bad Murray was on fire tonight, that pad save was ridiculous. Also, damn that kid's quite fast, i mean Kessel is really fast, and kid didn't fall behind that much.

Trouba and Wheeler need to find their A game, Myers and Hendricks were better than expected, Helly was great.
In fairness, it was a good game.

Reactions: Kgame

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
We got a point, i'll take that in Pittsburgh anyday. No line was terrible, just poor decision making with the puck.

Glad to see Helle keeping his play up. Huge rest before the game, gets peppered with shots, Mason or Helle next?
I'd go with Mase. Not gonna chance screwing with Hellebuycks confidence because we play like trash on the back end of a back to back. Also time for Mason to show he can stand on his head for us for once.

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
I thought Trouba looked awful tonight. So far this year he’s not right...
I thought he was ok overall tonight, and so far this year. He has made some glaring mistakes in each game(I think?) which makes it look worse than it is. I would really like to see him drive the puck out of our Dzone and up the ice like he has in the past. I believe by the end of the year he will be our best D in both statistics and eye test wise.

Unholy goalie

Jul 11, 2011
Helle with another great game. That glove save on Kessel's first breakaway is another great sign of some positive development. Can't blame him on either goal.

So....Petan. I'm not going to get hypothetical about what would have happened had he been in the lineup, but those advanced stats on the bottom 6 :amazed:

avgard

Jan 8, 2017
Little and Ehlers was totally crap DOT

there is so much wrong in this team that i might start STOPPING to write here. i have no positiveness in spreading the truths here at the moment. what do I get from it? how do the team react to it? no no nothing . the coach does his clowntactics and has his own perverted ideas that makes me having nightmares of this important thing for so many. i dont like the seeing. i dont like it at all. BIG Money out there. big things...going wrong...."big" people with rights to do this for big Money. and noboty cares?

avgard hockeyprofessor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad