GDT: Jets@Leafs 7PM HNIC CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
This is Komorov's first game back after injury, and Babcock is easing him back into the line-up with some light pressure playing time...that's a good coaching move.
Do you honestly think he’s not making him a pp regular in the playoffs. He’s a good coach but for certain players he’s a moron.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
This is playoff babacock. Too scared to double shift our star players. ****ing clown.

For what? So you could also give it to him if one of our players get injured if he gets double-shifted?

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Stop complaining about the lineup guys.

Its good to rotate players in, especially at this time of year, especially with the workload the last week.

Komarov was on the PP to start the season as well.

There is no logical explanation here

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
There isn't any point of double shifting our guys with Buffetuglien takings runs at guys and lots of interference going on.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Im fine with Komarov playing 4th line and getting pk mins, but he should be nowhere near the powerplay
Kapanen needs a shot

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
So it's not that the leafs "didn't do anything at all."

In fact, it's the opposite of your original argument. Instead of doing a "facewash", Gardiner instead crushed a guy into the boards.

You claimed the leafs didn't retaliate at all. When I pointed out that they did, you responded "yeah, but they got a penalty for retaliating." I've lost track of what your point was. I think you have as well.
Y0u have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Gardiner hit the guy in an effort to play defence. He got caught out of position and ended up cross-checking the guy and took a penalty doing it. He didn't look at the player and say "oh this is Schiefle, I better cross check him for what he did 5 minutes ago"

It's not that difficult to comprehend. If you still do not understand then I can't help you dumb it down any further

Reactions: Loosie

Woll Smoth

Mar 17, 2010
Mississauga
Tail end of a back to back and it shows. Jets are all over the Leafs. No need to risk injury trying to win this game. There's not even playoff seeding to play for at this point. As annoying as jets fans are this game doesn't mean anything in the long run.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
That's ok. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.
Stats support mine.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, including those that are of the belief JVR/Bozak have been "rock solid" defensively.

Yet they are one of the MOST sheltered lines in the NHL, Babcock hasn't gotten your stats memo.

Legendary

Sep 1, 2016
Matthews deserves a max contract just for somehow getting 30 and 40 goals playing with Hyman.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Do you honestly think he’s not making him a pp regular in the playoffs. He’s a good coach but for certain players he’s a moron.

Komorov needs to get his legs back and there aren't too many games left before the playoffs begin. It's freakin unbelievable we're at 101 points already in the season and folks are still giving it to Babcock in a back-to-back game we are losing to a very good team playing with 5 dmen...I'm sure we could all coach this team to 101 plus points. :sarcasm:

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Y0u have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Gardiner hit the guy in an effort to play defence. He got caught out of position and ended up cross-checking the guy and took a penalty doing it. He didn't look at the player and say "oh this is Schiefle, I better cross check him for what he did 5 minutes ago"

It's not that difficult to comprehend. If you still do not understand then I can't help you dumb it down any further
Well...

If you don't consider crushing a Jets player into the boards a "retaliation" because "it's just a defensive play", then what's the point of arguing.

Fine. Other than crushing a guy into the boards seconds later (which apparently doesn't count), I guess the leafs didn't respond to the Jets running our goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad