GDT: Jets landing at the Leafs - 7:00 on Sportsnet. Be Wary of Buffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
we generally don't do well against the Jets, and Buff is literally destroying people with hits. (I figure the pre-game talk won't get a lot of chatter, so it's just better to make this the gdt now - I'll update it with the relevant tweets, and information as the day goes along when I have time). Information we do know:

Bozak isn't playing Bozak will play according to the TSN update.
Bibeau is up on emergency call up
Reimer is Starting (and he doesn't do well v. Winnipeg).

Last edited:

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Maple Leafs-Winnipeg Jets: Game preview

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2015/11/03/maple-leafs-winnipeg-jets-game-preview.html

AIR CANADA CENTRE

Puck Drop: 7 p.m.

TV: Sportsnet

Radio: TSN Radio 1050 Toronto

Key Matchup: Leafs defenceman Matt Hunwick vs. Jets centre Blake Wheeler.

Hunwick usually gets the assignment on top opposition forwards, and that means a battle with Wheeler, who leads the Jets in scoring. He set a team record with an eight-game points streak to open the season.

Rookies: Have four rookies/newcomers in the lineup, including Nikolaj Ehlers, Nic Petan, Andrew Copp and Alex Burmistrov. Ehlers is third in team scoring, with four goals and five assists.

No suspension: Jets defencemen have accounted for only three goals so far this season, and Dustin Byfuglien has two of them. The big defender was not suspended Tuesday after a hearing with the league on his hit on Montreal’s Brendan Gallagher. Jets coach Paul Maurice said while Byfuglien has a sometimes bad reputation for big hits, he actually “pulls up on over 90 per cent of his hits.”

On the rebound: Jets lost a one-sided game to Montreal Sunday in what was billed as a battle between the two best Canadian-based teams in the NHL. Winnipeg gave up too much room in the neutral zone; they will be hungry for a win against the Leafs. The Jets are the tallest (averaging six-feet-two inches) and heaviest (averaging 210 pounds) team in the NHL.

Up next: Friday, Nov. 6, Red Wings at Leafs.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Will see if Winnipeg shows up. If teams take the Leafs too lightly it can definitely burn them.

Entirely possible to grab a win if that happens. Our biggest win streak of the year incoming :).

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Looking forward to seeing Ehlers in action as he is one of the players that will be compared as prospects and players being from the same draft class as our own Willie Nylander.

Ehlers NHL career is off to a great start with 4-5-9 points in his first 12 games.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
I dont care much for the "x goalie does better against a certain team" philosophy. This team is so different from the last time it faced the Jets with Reims in net that it's hardly worth mentioning.

I hope the team plays better than against Dallas though as they gave up too many shots.

Hoping Harrington is back and Corrado/Percy/Loov get a chance up here soon. Polak/Marincin are giving me nightmares.

rdogg

I cry your pardon
Aug 4, 2010
PEI
It would be nice to see the Leafs win in regulation just to piss off their fans.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
It would be nice to see the Leafs win in regulation just to piss off their fans.

why would it piss us off?

they're going to win games.

they're going to win a lot of them in regulation

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Thanks for the GDT, Daisy... and to Budsfan.. for the updates..

I don't know, guys.. I feel like we are going to start to turn things around.. and with Reimer having our only two wins so far, it's nice to see him get another start, tonight..

I kind of expected the "Moneypuck" season to start this way..and really wasn't expecting many wins in the first 10 games.. And to be honest, I've watched since 1960... and have seen a nice pattern we have right now.. The seasons when we had the best finishes, are ones we started off really bad.. Those where we won a lot at season start, ended terribly..

I think that Reims will have another good game for us tonighjt.. and if you look back at the majority of games he started vs the Jets, they were almost all after he was suffering from one or both of his concussions..., so I think this will be different tonight, in a good way..

So.. Let's stay positive and bask in this sunlight and heat today.. and have a little faith.. :)

Leafs vs Jets Montage

Leafs-Nation Anthem (fan pump)

GO LEAFS GO !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad