Proposal: Jets/Islanders

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
I think you're having trouble understanding what I'm saying.

no you are tavares ppg was higher too. ppg is actual games played you dont get or lose credit for missing games

go actually do the math, dont be lazy do it

4 of the last 5 years tavares point per games played was higher

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
no unlike you i check my stats

i dont have an accounting degree and economics degree and worked for both the IRS and Revenue Canada without learning to fact check
Regardless of the 1 game error, Scheifele has had a higher PPG the past two seasons.

Scheifele last year: 80 in 77 (1.04 PPG)
Tavares last year: 84 in 82 (1.02 PPG)

Scheifele two years ago: 82 in 79 (1.04 PPG)
Tavares 2 years ago: 66 in 79 (.85 PPG)

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Lol, it’s still going right over your head, Scheifele wasn’t the same player he is today as he was 5 years ago... I’m talking about who is better today at this very moment. This is common sense.
prove it, it may just mean hes playing with better players now, tavares played with crappy players too

youre grasping at straws Tavares played with some real losers

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Regardless of the 1 game error, Scheifele has had a higher PPG the past two seasons.

Scheifele last year: 80 in 77 (1.04 PPG)
Tavares last year: 84 in 82 (1.02 PPG)

Scheifele two years ago: 82 in 79 (1.04 PPG)
Tavares 2 years ago: 66 in 79 (.85 PPG)
your cherry picking again Sheifele got to play in the playoffs tavares didnt , tavares picks up his game in the playoffs too but even if you counted that tavares still is better in 3 of the last 5

youre really grasping at straws

even the NHL DOESNT ADD THE REGULAR SEASON AND PLAYOFF STATS TOGETHER,

only jets fans dobecause they cant stand to be wrong

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
i use facts

your the first person ever to combine playoff and regular season stats

that proves your grasping at straws

Your the first person I’ve ever seen to quote themselves and complain(disagreeing and arguing with yourself) about your own post not even an hour later. So I’m not ashamed and anyways if you read that correctly you would had noticed I didn’t even comebine them but rather mention his playoff success together. I don’t want to be hostile here but you need to calm down, I never even said that’s Scheifele was better I just said he’s just as good.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Boychuk is as good as Byfuglien?!?

Yikes.

i didnt say that I said if you consider contracts Id rather have Boychuck what part of "if" dont people in winnipeg understand

hes a forward playing defense making 7.6 million. i dont give a flying frac how many points he scores.to me id rather have Brodin and he never scores because he is 3.5 million cheaper and he plays defense

byfuglien gets predominantly offensive zone starts, for his career he's at 4o percent so for 7.6 million I want a guy who stops goals not tries to score them

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
i didnt say that I said if you consider contracts Id rather have Boychuck what part of "if" dont people in winnipeg understand

hes a forward playing defense making 7.6 million. i dont give a flying frac how many points he scores.to me id rather have Brodin and he never scores because he is 3.5 million cheaper and he plays defense

byfuglien gets predominantly offensive zone starts, for his career he's at 4o percent so for 7.6 million I want a guy who stops goals not tries to score them

Boychuk tries to score, too. Have you not heard of his slapshots?

Reactions: Svengoolie

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island

No, don't play semantics. I know what I quoted.

You said Boychuk is just as good. He's not. End of story.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
72hockey guy and wpg99 that was great debate to read. My opinion would be Tavares and shef are both great players. Tavares is still a better player because his career has been better. Can't really judge their career until they are both done. Right now Tavares is better but that's because he has more years on shef. Also I think shef has alot better line mate. Could you say shef would be as good as Tavares with the linemates Tavares has had over the years. Who knows.
And you can't throw the contract out there because Tavares was on a pretty sweet contract as well

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
i am crappy at value, but i don't think this works for the Isles.

if Tavares leaves, the Isles PROBABLY go young, and i don't think Byfuglien (one of my favourite players) will be a part of it.

something around Tavares and Trouba?

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
i am crappy at value, but i don't think this works for the Isles.

if Tavares leaves, the Isles PROBABLY go young, and i don't think Byfuglien (one of my favourite players) will be a part of it.

something around Tavares and Trouba?
No thanks. Jets would not be interested in that at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad