Pre-Game Talk: Jets @ Hurricanes - Thursday, Feb. 21 - 6:00 P.M CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
^Ah, advanced stats maven and hip-hop connoiseur.^

Anyone planning on completing their assignment for tomorrow, listening to an away broadcast? Apparently there's some learning that needs to be done. :sarcasm:

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
He's just another servant here. The Jets need to find that other gear, or I fear that the ride will disappear.

At this point progress and effort is all I am really looking for. Their is so much parity and so many teams with just a bit more talent offensively that its going to be super tough for us to string together those four/five game win streaks that playoff teams go on. Especially with Pavelec being inconsistent.

The bad teams don't take as long to get good as they used to, but there isn't much margin for error. Until we have two more first line guys to slot everyone down we're destined for mediocrity. That said, a fast, playmaking center with great vision and a talented sniper is all that's missing from this team potentially becoming very good.

More on topic, I'm interested to see how Kaner responds to missing that open net. Hopefully he comes out with one of his better games of the season, we need him to get going to get the W.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
I just hope we see a continuation of the effort that brought us a win and some success last night. I am hoping this is the turning point for this core group to really turn the tide.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I kind of thought the win in buffalo was more due to them sucking then the Jets really kicking ass. I thought its been their weakest game in the last few...and they last the other ones!

I really hope they step it up a notch and really start generating pressure and chances on that PP. PK seems leaps and bounds better then it was and Pavs has been solid lately.

I really hope we pull it out. I'm expecting a 4-3 game.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I just hope we see a continuation of the effort that brought us a win and some success last night. I am hoping this is the turning point for this core group to really turn the tide.

Every nerd number says the Jets are due for a run of good luck!!

Hopefully the numbers aren't lying.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Ya but some luck numbers don't equalize in a short season...
Remember how long TOR and MIN were up with good luck and how long LAK were down on bad luck last season...

Oh, I know.

I wouldn't bet on them making the playoffs in a short season, but I probably would if we had a full 82.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
Slam dunk tomorrow.

4 - 0 Jets

Wheeler with 2 and 2 helpers.

Pavs with the shut out provided (1) No Hainsey perfect deflections into our net; (2) no brutal Ladd give aways; and (3) no shots glove hand top corner :handclap:

On our way to first in the south-east :handclap:

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Pav has found a way to improve his glove hand problems ......

blackburn2.jpg

jetkarma*

Like Noel said , and was mentioned on the Kings Oilers game last night , teams like Wpg. and LA have to win two thirds of their games to think of making the playoffs.

We should cheer , and enjoy but no one should expect we will go on a roll like that imo.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Like Noel said , and was mentioned on the Kings Oilers game last night , teams like Wpg. and LA have to win two thirds of their games to think of making the playoffs.

We should cheer , and enjoy but no one should expect we will go on a roll like that imo.

For just over a 50/50 shot at it we'd need 18-11-4... which is exactly right: don't lose more than 1/3 of games.
Change 2 more of those loses to wins and it's all but a guarantee...
Ya... unlikely, but oh well :)... I'll still cheer haha

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
^Ah, advanced stats maven and hip-hop connoiseur.^

Anyone planning on completing their assignment for tomorrow, listening to an away broadcast? Apparently there's some learning that needs to be done. :sarcasm:

Someone should be assigned that task for sure. As for me? I will be listening to the broadcast in a different language. We might be missing something about the Jet's game in translation :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad